Thread: The trout are back

The trout are back

Decided to got out from Bundy yesterday but was unsure where to head due to a bit of a not so great forecast so in the end decided to fish some of the spots where we had previously done ok on trout. The weather turned out to be pretty good in the end with little wind but a 1 -1.5 m swell that persisted most of the day.
    We rounded up a few livies after a while and tried the 1st spot without success so moved on to spot no2.
    No sooner dropped the little whip tail to the bottom and it got hammered but i couldn't get it off the bottom. fish 1 me nil.
    The skipper got smashed and also got rocked but eventually it came off the bottom and after a bit of a fight a nice trout around the 7kg mark was brought to the gaff.
    We got 2 more trout in that spot and headed to another of our once favorite trout spots armed with a tank full of livies.
    As soon as the first livey hit the bottom there the action was on again. This spot producing cod as well as trout.
    Ended up with 7 trout and 3 cod. The best trout measured 795mm and went just under 7kg.
    At the end of the day we probably hooked and lost more than we landed.
    It was great to see the trout back in these spots as we haven't caught any at these spots for a couple of years now (since the big floods at the end of 2010)
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3680.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	88053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3678.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	88054  

Nice fish mate gotta be happy with that. We're you fishing the gutters or east of bundy.

Re: The trout are back

quality fish there mate well done....let the games begin when you try pulling a trout out of his home .. cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Great fish there Goorge, and even better eating well done.

Good work on putting a great feed together. What sort of gear were you using?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yum! Best chewing fish in the sea I reckon
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Horse,

we were using 15kg mono on TLD 15's with 50 leader. thats probably why we got rocked so many times. ah well gotta give em a chance.

Some nice fish there buddy.

Well done.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Great haul there George, always good to see some old spots reinvigorated with a good flush. top effort mate. Was it only trout and cod, no other by-catch?

cheers Millsy

how do those 7 kg trout taste? I would have thought a bit tough and strong flavour?
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

millsy,

mate that's all we got. never got to drop a bottom bait apart from livies.

George

odes,

The trout are still pretty good eating even at that size. any bigger though i'd be a bit worried about cigga .