Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCF expired gift card will they accept?

BCF expired gift card will they accept?

Hi Guys,
    Just got my xmas BCF vouchers together that santa kindly gifted me with. I had a voucher sitting in front of the computer waiting to get used also. Excited as a dog with 2 tails I have decided to go to BCF today to buy more crab pots as mine have progressively been thieved.
    I looked at one card and it was from xmas last year and says it expires on 24/12/12. Anyone know how flexible they are with expired cards?

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Re: BCF expired gift card will they accept?

Can't say they've lasted long enuff to expire mate they usaully burn a hole in my pocket by the time i recieve one lol
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

yeah Im hearing ya, I should give myself an uppercut!!
    Living the dream, Barry

Blog Entries

Surely they would have to, it only expired recently. You can only ask mate. Good luck with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    yeah Im hearing ya, I should give myself an uppercut!!
    video or it didn't happen.....

I don't think you will have too much trouble. Just kick up a bit of a fuss in the store if they play hardball. There was talk of legislation to cover expiry dates on vouchers to stop big companies ripping people off. A small admin fee is the most they should be able to charge
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks Horse! I dont think I will have a problem but I thought I would get a bit of an idea before I go in as to what the general public think. I shop there alot, they dont know me personally but I hope they come to the party!

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

If I was in your position I would go straight to the manager. Forget about the second and third person.

Darren
    Good things come to those who bait

Read the terms and also quick call to head office so when you go to the so you know what you chances are.
    I use the Australian GovernmentGift card voucher - has the queens head on it
    I've given up on store vouchers and now just give cash and printup a card sayng to spend on Tackle or somthing I know they need and to let me know what they got. To many restrictive terms on store cards , not sale items, no refuds, no cash change , yada yadda yadda on them and retailers who go broke etc etc.

If they were sensible BCF would be happy to keep a client rather than piss you off but.......................................some bean counter will .................... Good luck hope they let you redeem it as they shouldn't be treated by retailers as money for jam.

http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...commended.aspx

I'd never heard of cardlimbo before.
    http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and...ift-cards.aspx

ha ha ha boogie boards
    Living the dream, Barry

Pretty sure that there was a new law passed that gift vouchers could no longer expire
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by pipifin View Post
    Pretty sure that there was a new law passed that gift vouchers could no longer expire

Unless they put it through fast not sure it is a law yet but was in the discussion paper where ministers are wanting to look like they are doing something but are but are not making hard decisions fast whle waiting for the Feds to make a big decision. Each state will be different. The usual politcs grandstanding and te retailers squealing and trring to get a balance. There is accounting reasons ( art from marketing and profiteering) that they need a expiry date as otherwise they appear on the books forever and in the old days you had to return money to Office of staterevenue etc etc.

I gave staff $1000 vouchers many years ago and bought them at a 15% or more discount from the retailer and have done the same with movie tickets. Even with email reonders etc only about 65%-70% were used and that's why retailers love em. From then on helped with laptops and other things we could buy at a better discount and was useful from day one rather than a vocher that sat in a wallet and some saw as a burden / hassle.

Looking at it from a legal point of view they have the right to reject the expired card.
    Best chance that they may still honor it is by asking face to face..and not leaving it for another week or month to pass.

In actual fact you should get off your ass right now and get down there