Thread: Ute proof tackle box

Ute proof tackle box

looking for a tackle box that I can throw in the back of the ute. This tackle bok will roll around do 360's, flip, land on it's lid, smack the side of the ute ect daily. I would like it to be fairly robust, so all catches and hinges should stay in place and most importantly the tackle should stay in it's own compartment and not mix with other hooks, swivels ect.

Ok it won't take that much of a beating, I don't even own a ute. The tackle just has to stay seperated if it does take a tumble or two, and it's got to be robust enough if I drop the thing it won't break or open automaticly and spill all them sharp bits.
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Re: Ute proof tackle box

Get a perspex plastics man to make you one out of polycarb. Your own design, size, colour, shape, amount of compartments, the mind boggles. It could be see through also.
    PS and expensive.
    Better not say anymore here. Could be a niche in the fishing department.
    Forget all I said. They will burn.

Go for a tackle bag rather than a plastic box, it will handle the ute much betterer.
    Have you thought about an under tray box to keep your tackle box and gear in?? It will not let them slide all over the tray and roll over etc.
    Jack.

give sortimo a look a little exe but i love mine(1 layer metal)you can change tray sizes to suit ur tackle and they stay where you put them

Hi.

If you a lure man. I have an old Plano 777 It's bin everywhere with me for over 30 yrs. Still holding together. 4 trays for lotsa SEPARATE lures
    2 to a slot. and a big bottom for Hooks Swivels rings Spools of line tools etc.
    I've got\had a few but keep coming back to it. Big. Clumsy Solid and holds all you want. Then some.
    Alongside that. travel bag about two ft long and wide enuff to take decent lure trays. Mine takes 5 full size double sided plus traces and tools in end pockets. All (well most) of my barra lures fit in there.

Then I have one for my Bass gear. one for my Poppers and a lathe to make more (Missus says sell the bloody thing ) Then the Trolling lures then the...... Damn. There's no such thing as the perfect tackle box. Apart from the tray of a 1 tonner with canopy on.
    Like I Said. 777 the best one I ever came across.