Thread: Snyder rod has developed a bend...

Snyder rod has developed a bend...

Hi guys,

lately my snyder glas surf rod has developed a bend around the tip area an im not sure what to do about it, how do i go about correcting the bend?

thanks

Re: Snyder rod has developed a bend...

pretty common, just leave it as it is, some say you can get it straight and held in place, and leave it in the sun all day, but I have never tried that.

Most likely the way it has been stored ie. leaning up against post,wall etc. Especially with the hot weather recently.
    If the bend is in the direction of the action of the rod then you now have similar to a bent tip rod.
    If not and you wish to straighten then position in reverse of bend and should come back, as per Noelm.
    Historian/Collector of Old Sidecast Fishing Reels

is the bend just there when there's a fish on?

heheh,

unfortunately the bend is always there, even when the fish is not on.

Its a bit awkward as the bend is slight downward (almost as if its on the spine of the rod) but then again it twist to the right as well so it looks quite unsightly.

I guess i will try to correct it the next time we are having a scorcher over here...

thanks guys!

Sounds very viral that description. Let's hope amputation is not the remedy.
    Jack.

the missus actually quite likes the bends in the rod, she reckons that it really helps out with getting that sweets spot out there... past the breakers and into the gutters!!!!

(where all your dirty minds are at the moment!)

muahahhahaa!