Thread: My first blade

My first blade

Just brought my first blade... The last piece of tackle brought this year, and hopefully I'll get to test it out early tomorrow,.. Er I mean next year.

Never had one, never used one, don't know how I'll go, feel a bit dirty realy, after testing it in the pool just then. Can't wait to get it down the passage in the morning and knock some fish on the Noggin.

Btw, it's a tt switchblade 1/4 gold noggin.

Any hints or tips ?

Re: My first blade

I use them all the time mate around the bay islands and they work well... I use a different color but each to their own. Which passage are you talking? What ya fishing for?

Cheers
    Timbo

I use them all the time mate around the bay islands and they work well... I use a different color but each to their own. Which passage are you talking? What ya fishing for?

Cheers
    Timbo

I fish the Caloundra end of the passage.
    I fish to catch fish.

So the report of my first blade attempt.... Caught a cobia in the passage today, it was only a 30cm juvinal. Spat the hooks at the side of the boat, but I got it in the first 6 casts. Another 6 casts and got it snaged, and with the help from some stupid wash from another boat, the weight of the tackleback snapped the line, and that was the end of that.

I will be back with more to give them a proper go.

And whats with it when someone has to pass you within 12 meters doing 12 knots and heaps of wash. I was at anchor in a 6 knot zone.

Try the black/red one. Think its called red nightmare. I get a wide variety of fish on them so keep at it.

Cheers
    Timbo

Work it like a plastic, you will soon learn its actions.
    1/4 oz will suit the deeper areas of the passage or high run areas, anything outside of that you might be wanting for a lighter version.
    My fav colour is a dull green grey and silver variant.
    Jack.

I use a nice slow lift to let the blade do its action, then wind up slack, then repeat.

Yeah i use a 1/8oz and only upgrade to 1/4oz if im fishing deeper water or lots of current like tunaticer said.

Timbo