Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North West Island 2014?

North West Island 2014?

Ok hands up who would be interested, sick of seeing the reports from this place and thinking how much the missus would love sitting there on sunset wetting a line. Not entirely sure of the logistics but having been involved in organising horse riding events in remote areas in the past I'm thinking that it won't be too hard.

Thinking August or Oct-Nov and at least 25 odd starters for the barge.

From my point of view it will be family orientated with the wife and maybe the daughters family as well.

So who is keen?

Mark
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Re: North West Island 2014?

I have my eye on that island for a camping trip with family but don't need a barge.
    Cheers

Trev

My standard response to all Meet and Greets......If I'm home I'll be there.

Mark,

have a search of Craigies posts on this, he has done it a few times i believe and posted up some great reports, looks like an absolute ripper of a place to go and who wouldnt be keen!
    Tangles KFC

Hi and check out my post of north west on page 2, this is for2013 The year of CALM SEAS.
    I can help you out with logistics and other info for when ever you decide to go.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Heywood View Post
    Hi and check out my post of north west on page 2, this is for2013 The year of CALM SEAS.
    I can help you out with logistics and other info for when ever you decide to go.
    Cheers
    Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, i will be in touch for sure. Did you end up with enough people? I did consider your trip but just too much on this year. I will see how much interest there is for an Ausfish group or I might just tag onto another group going over on the barge.

Mark

Interested -yes, but as you know, it will depend on what happens in 2013. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Interested -yes, but as you know, it will depend on what happens in 2013. So far, so good.
    Yep know what you mean Steve, same for me but if I only think about it then thats all it will be. A lot of ducks have to line up but...........

Can someone please tell my employer that 4 weeks annual leave per year is not enough. Wow this year there is wooli, NW island, and someone sent me something about a frazer one and then 1770 to top it off. Thats before I have any holidays with my family. I think I need a job like Murphs.

Quote Originally Posted by the lump View Post
    Can someone please tell my employer that 4 weeks annual leave per year is not enough. Wow this year there is wooli, NW island, and someone sent me something about a frazer one and then 1770 to top it off. Thats before I have any holidays with my family. I think I need a job like Murphs.
    Funny you say that, im trying to negotiate another 2 weeks annual leave with my boss at the moment. Too many fishing trips and not enough holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by the lump View Post

You mean to say that your doing Wooli, NW Island, Fraser, 1770 and Somua.............You must have a job like Murfs jason.

Thats why I'm looking at 2014 and not this year.

Mark

Oh 2014. Doh. Wont be doing frazer this year but wooli, 1770 and samoa are all go! Now maybe this is feasible in 2014?

I get 12 weeks a year and it's still not enough!!!!!

I have to fit in a week or so at Stanage Bay in April and a week at Woody Head in June/July as well. Depending on what boat I have North West could certainly be on the radar. I haven't been there for 20 years or so. Back then I had one of the best trips of my life with no wind for a week. Unfortunatly this is seldom the case out there
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Funny you say that, im trying to negotiate another 2 weeks annual leave with my boss at the moment. Too many fishing trips and not enough holidays...
    I like the way you think Graeme. Most people would be after a raise but you want to do more trips, great stuff
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"