Thread: Allingham creek

Allingham creek

We went to Allingham creek camping and fishing. Allingham runs into the Burdekin above the dam.

Lionel

Re: Allingham creek

looks like a nice place Lionel. Do the sooties cook up OK? ive heard of people soaking or cooking them in milk
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

I like them cooked in a pan steamed with butter and lemon.....

Lionel

Nice work, love catching the sooties. As a food fish i rate them very high, 10 times better than freshwater barra.

thanks for sharing. some nice fish and photos there. cheers

Some nice Sooties there.

Well done Lionel.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Hello Lionel, Great fish. Tell me in photo 3, two of the fish are a lighter colour than the other.

Are they "Kaki Bream" or so called?

I have caught lots of Sooties away up at "The Valley Of Lagoons" on earth worms under a float.

They went very well on the plate and the others so called "Kaki Bream" even the dog turned his nose up.

Have you any opinion re: above??

Hi Haji-Baba.
    That's an interesting question, I always called them Sooties or Black bream. We never ate them but gutted and cleaned then gave the fish to the station people to eat.

Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by Haji-Baba View Post
    Hello Lionel, Great fish. Tell me in photo 3, two of the fish are a lighter colour than the other.

Are they "Kaki Bream" or so called?

I have caught lots of Sooties away up at "The Valley Of Lagoons" on earth worms under a float.

They went very well on the plate and the others so called "Kaki Bream" even the dog turned his nose up.

Have you any opinion re: above??