Off to Gordon's country out near warwick for 4 days camping

First time we have been there

Any comments welcome?

Re: Gordon's country

Skipjack goes out there on a regular basis. He loves it. Drop him a PM
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Heard good things, always thought about it myself, but got a mate at Warwick with a prickle farm, I usually camp there.

A report on your adventure would be great. Might persuade me to stop roughing it t the mates place.!

Been there, it's great. Bring a chainsaw, they let you collect firewood, so long as its a fallen tree. We filled the ute up with probably a tonne, and a had a ball with a massive bonfire. It's a working cattle property, so there are cattle everywhere in the morning and afternoon, and of course lots of patties!

Brought the dogs as well, they had a great time checking out the cattle.
    We had the cottages, there is no electricty and they have gas fridges. The campfire had a open BBQ setup, which was cool.

The camping is near the creek, it look very shallow and I doubt it would hold any fish.

There is a general store just outside Gordon country, it has most things.

I had a great time, as I'm sure you will.

TM

Thanks guys

Just got back

Nice place and the owner / caretaker was a nice guy

Plenty of places to camp for both your standard sedan and some others for 4wd

We found a out of the way place for our small group in the shade and by the creek and had a great fire each night ( wish I had a chainsaw)

Took the dog and she loved it

Toilets were nice and clean and the shower was nice and hot. We had to drive to both but was better than camping in the crowd

Long weekends they seem to charge as a 4 day minimum ,bit of a shame for people that only want to stay a couple of nights

All in all it was a great time with the kids and a few friends and not to far to drive

Best bit was no phone reception

Cheers
    Scotty

Sounds good!
    Has anyone got a link to look up this place?
    How do you book, pay, etc?
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

We stayed there a couple of years ago in one of the cabins. Nice place, quiet, and nice creek to swim in.

Cabins are basic, and the dog had fun talking to the cows!

http://www.gordoncountry.com.au/

P1010511 copy.jpg
    P1010523 copy.jpg
    P1010508 copy.jpg