Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gear2Go Action cam

Gear2Go Action cam

There was another dicussion on this cam in another post
    So thought I would put up some review footage I took with it to test it out over a couple of days .And you can get a actual idea of the preformance of the cam
    Be sure to set the vid quality at 720p

Willo

Re: Gear2Go Action cam

I just watched it at max res and it was fine.
    Jack.

yer nothing wrong with that for $49.00, oh and your motor could go up a hole.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    yer nothing wrong with that for $49.00, oh and your motor could go up a hole.

cheers
    Yeh Mate.........LOL
    Narr I have it set like that for running in rough inshore waters ,that's keepin the nose trimed down in the water.better ride in the chop , But lose a bit of top end speed
    Willo

very nice thanks Willo, at $50 i'll definitely be getting one, did it come with a housing for underwater use as standard? did you have it on a pole when it was looking under the boat?

thanks.

Yeh Mate comes with all the goodies
    yeh I just put it on a old extendable paint roller handle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Willo. Where do you get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Thanks Willo. Where do you get one?
    Got mine from Kmart

hey thanks for the post Willo, picked one up yesterday. $49 at Kmart. I'm going to rig up a housing to get down to 40m with it, there's some good info on google for DIY housings. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    hey thanks for the post Willo, picked one up yesterday. $49 at Kmart. I'm going to rig up a housing to get down to 40m with it, there's some good info on google for DIY housings. cheers.
    Yeh Mate
    There is also a issue with lens fogging up on a hot day in the water proof houseing...But this is not confined to the Gear2Go cam, all have this problen including the Go Pro ans also have the problen with my sony cam in a big water proof housing
    There is some product available to put inside the case to stop it..so the story goes ..not sure what it is called yet...But on Hot days keep an eye on the lens fogging caused by humidity

there's some similar products in the scuba diving scene but don't know if they're worth it. best thing for a scuba mask is a bit of spit rubbed around the inside, not very practical for camera housing though, i think if you had the case open until you went to use it that might help as the humidity couldn't build up, otherwise submerge the case (closed obviously), the bring it back up, wipe the inside with a cloth, insert the camera and try that... lmk how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    Yeh Mate
    There is also a issue with lens fogging up on a hot day in the water proof houseing...But this is not confined to the Gear2Go cam, all have this problen including the Go Pro ans also have the problen with my sony cam in a big water proof housing
    There is some product available to put inside the case to stop it..so the story goes ..not sure what it is called yet...But on Hot days keep an eye on the lens fogging caused by humidity

There is stuff called 'cat crap' that we use for motor bike helmet visors to stop fogging up. It works a treat and I have used it to stop the sunnies fogging up when using a buff on hot days.

I can't find them on the Kmart online store. Any idea if there available at all Kmart stores Australia wide? And also what section of the store are they in?

Cheers, Mitch

they would be Mitch, in the bit with the cameras etc in one of the glass cabinets (well they were here).