Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gear2Go Action cam

My young bloke bought me one.
    Will give it a run on Sunday.
    Shame you can't record and charge at the same time.
    Looks like the battery is only good for a bit over an hour.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Re: Gear2Go Action cam

Got three lots of good footage now.

This is from Wednesday's trip with Darren and Leigh.

Liz with Phil T helping out last weekend.

Still working on a double hookup of good mahi mahi.
    Last edited by Smithy; 26-01-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Sorry to steal your thunder Willo but here is my latest one from the weekend.

Camera is going fine but the mounts are not good SS if at all. Going to replace all the threaded stuff with 316 SS. Got rust stains happening as it has been permanetly mounted on my rocket launcher. Had a fair bit of fogging so am trying a silicone sachet out of a shoe box to see how that goes.

I just bought one of these from KMart for fifty bucks. Are people still happy with theirs?

All the fittings are gal. Left a lot of rust stains on my boat as I had the mount permantently attached. Have changed all the parts I could to SS. The strap fitting is worth a try to get setup somewhere as well but I used the clamp and changed it to a SS U bolt and wing nuts. No sign of fogging since I put a gel satchet inside.

Good tips thanks Smithy.

yep mate...

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    I just bought one of these from KMart for fifty bucks. Are people still happy with theirs?

Hi guys,

Went to grab the gear2go for its third trip out and the screen had lines through it and wouldn't turn off, so reset it with a paperclip then formatted the card and still having issues, so finally reset it again and tried without the card and unfortunately it's stuffed so I'll be straight back to the shops! Going to spend a bit more and get a contour roam or gopro.

Cheers,

Nick.

Just a heads up, got a second one for $40 today at Sams Warehouse Maroochydore. They had two left. I saw at Christmas time the Reject Shop were doing them for $45 but our local one closed down and the closest one was Caloundra. Had a double check on EBay and they are down to about $43 delivered to your door now. My original one is going great but I have the date and time stamp on it. Wanted another without that and couldn't figure out how to turn it off. For $40 for a new on and $14 for an SD card can't go wrong. Home made SS fittings working a treat. Still get fogging at times.

Yep was happy with mine.... but in the end the on off button stopped working so cant turn it on ....LOL