Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gear2Go Action cam

Re: Gear2Go Action cam

Cheers for that nicko. I'll go check them out

Use silica gel packet in housing if there is room for it to absorb moisture from air in housing. Or put camera and housing in a plastic ziplock bag with gel packet and leave for a while and then close housing before opening the bag. ( old timer showed me this with expensive camera / electronics equipment in tropics as old housings were very tight tolerances and days of preventing mould on real film or inside of lenses) My only warning is some electronics and things rely / need / designed fo some level of moisture in the parts / seals to work so don't store and let things get sucked totally dry.

http://www.silicagel.com.au/

I've used this with other gear as well and original rain x on outside of visors . Most of these coatings change the optics slightly and correct application on clean lens and correct cloth are critical.

http://www.rainx.com/product/glass-a...ainx-anti-fog/

Like with everything always do a test if you don't know someone using the exact product with your housing long term. I've stuffed / discoloured some older expensive housings trying different things and spotless clean with pure detergent , compressed air and a silica pouch is my fallback. Still hurts wrecking even cheap gear. Avoid any amonia based glass cleaners or solvent based ones.

Couldn't get one from Kmart Rockhampton, they sold out before Xmas. Found some at Harvey Norman for $79. Normally $139. Looks ok for the price. Can't wait to try it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As per other thread, local kmarts sold out so got one from ebay for $53 delivered. Good stuff Willo!

hey Willo, what are you editing with?

taking mine out of Port Doug tomorrow to Low Isles with my wife, should get some nice reef shots, looking forward to it. Will post a vid everything going to plan, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    hey Willo, what are you editing with?

taking mine out of Port Doug tomorrow to Low Isles with my wife, should get some nice reef shots, looking forward to it. Will post a vid everything going to plan, cheers.
    Mate I just use windows movie maker
    Ended up getting some of GoPro,s... anti fog strips as well ...

A quick video I knocked together with my Gear2Go.

Enjoy!

Nothen wrong with that bud,money well spent,for the same outcome!
    Cheers Chris.

Yeah pretty happy with that mate, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlet View Post
    Nothen wrong with that bud,money well spent,for the same outcome!
    Cheers Chris.

Great Vid
    Noticed ya only recorder in 480p never got to in the 720p.....was that by choice?

nah mate, recorded in 720 then formatted it to that in the movie program before uploading to youtube to save time as it took 20mins to upload as is.

Haven't been able to find a Kmart with one in stock
    JBs have one for about $80
    Anyone know if its the same unit?
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

dunno mate but someone got one through ebay for $53...

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Yeh Owen
    Jaycar are also selling them under the name HD Action Cam or something but think they are are $60 there

Kmart Morayfield had them last Sunday for any one near north brissy and sunnycoast !! $50 im told... Thanks for the headsup Rojan !!