Thread: Stolen Silver Nissan Navara STX Dual cab

Stolen Silver Nissan Navara STX Dual cab

Hi Everyone

My car was stolen out of my driveway this morning - 2006 Silver Nissan Navara STX Dual Cab Rego VRN03. It has a silver grill at the front and no tonneau cover. I have it going through the tolls at Loganlea West at 9:02am and the police have been notified. I actually saw it driving out of my driveway!

It has my phone and wallet in it and also the boat key and bung!!!!!

If you see it can you please let me know on 07 3206 7964 and ring the police.

Cheers

Simon

Re: Stolen Silver Nissan Navara STX Dual cab

good luck, hope you get it back.

Does your phone have tracking program on it?

That sucks bigtime and I hope they get caught.

Hey Cormorant - yeh thought of that but I rang Samsung and I needed to download an app (not that this was made aware to me) and of course I had not on my Samsung Galaxy S3. The car passed a toll on the Logan motorway about 30 mins after it was stolen (I had an activity statement on the Go Via website) but that is about all I have got. Wished I had got the bloke getting into my car - I'm not a violent person but I think I would have made an exception in this instance!

Car has been found - in good condition!

That's great news!

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by simon_vaughan View Post
    Car has been found - in good condition!
    I hope to read that about the thief but in reverse condition..

Good news though. Any report on how they got it.

Hey, that's great news. Did you get your important stuff back?
    Jim

Got the car back today - a little dirty due to fingerprint dust. I had ducked back inside the house to get some BCF vouchers and left the keys in the car but the car wasn't not running and within a minute the guy was in the car and driving away - I got to about the middle of my front lawn after I heard the car start up. Wallet, phone (3 month old Samsung Galaxy S3), boat key and spotters sunglasses all taken, along with some loose change. I understand this dog is known to police so I hope they pay him a visit. My car keys with house keys and electric door opener have not been recovered also. We have changed the locks and re-set the garage door so if he thinks he can come back he can think again - plus he didn't meet my 110kg flat mate!!!!

Have a good weekend.

Worry that the low life was in your street on the prowl to start with and especially worried if he lives locally. A thief who is stupid enough to steal the whole vehicle but not bright enough to have a way to onsell or strip it? Maybe the rebirth guys and strippers are having their annual break!!!. A smarter thief would have just knocked off the portable stuff and kept walking.

Hope the local coppers have a special Chrissy surprise for him and if he was stupid enough to do a spur of the moment he will have left lots of prints.

Cancel the phone chip serial number ( can't think of the special name they call it? IMNEI? ) with the phone company so it can canned and police will be notified if someone tries to reuse that phone. They will cancel it across every network. Not sure if teh phone companies do this automatically or you have to enter it on the register.

Very cheap peace of mind is a small motion activated stand alone camera that you can discretely mount and see if anyone is poking around the front of the house when you are out or if anyone is coming doorknocking etc to see if anyone is home.

When my mate got his car recovered for the next 3 months he was constantly pulled over as it showed on the police system the car had been stolen and used in handbag snatches but it wasn't as obvious on the NSW system it had been recovered etc etc He seriously thought something was going on until a copper finally told him why he kept getting pulled . Yep the coppers don't trust their own system as it is often out of date so they pull the vehicle anyway as it is flagged just in case . All good and most had a sense of humour but he kept to teh speed limit and actually fixed broken bulbs and a couple of new tyres. .

Great to hear you found it.
    I always leave my car running if I forgot something or needed to go inside.
    Think from now on ill turn it off, better safe then sorry with these bastards around.