Thread: Mooloolaba wide on boxing day

Mooloolaba wide on boxing day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000796.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	87574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000798.jpg 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	87573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000800.jpg 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	87572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000802.jpg 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	87571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000803.jpg 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	87570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000805.jpg 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	87569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000807.jpg 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	87568We headed out of Mooloolaba at 4.45 am for a bit latter start than usual. Still a bit sloppy travelling but just had to take our time for the first hour or so. Pulled up, rigged up and had a drop while working out the drift and side of the boat best to fish from with 5 onboard. Then onto a show and our first real drop with 6 fish going into the box was off to a good start. This was the story for the next 4 hours just moving around and dropping on go shows. Mainly snapper and pearlies but a few tuskies and trag as well. Then it started blowing 20 knots from the West and changed everything for a while then back off and slowly swung to the south.We were still finding good shows but the fish weren't as interested except for a school of dollies that came to the boat all lit up. Well that was some fun on light spin gear. Buy this time it was after lunch and were mainly still cacthing snapper and dropping them back over the side so headed for home. What a great way to spend boxing day. Good fishing with great mates and eating fresh fish for the next week while on holidays.

Cheers
    Gaven

Re: Mooloolaba wide on boxing day

Great report Gav. Hoping to get out tomorrow, but the wind has really picked up. Both Seabreeze & Willyweather are good for tomorrow, but at the moment, I'd hate to call it. If you need any help on how to catch dollies, don't ask me! Thats part of the reason I'm keen to go again tomorrow, hopefully to see some come up to the boat again. This time Tony, feed a few pilliy cubes out to keep them interested while you get the rig down, cast carefully without fouling up very rod in the rod holders, & HOLD ON!!!!!
    Tony

I still had a 10g slug on my spin rod i was throwing at tuna a couple of days ago when we went out to get a feed of spanner crabs. It accounted for 6 of the dollies but i did drop a few but the trebbles were a bit small for the way dollies play. i think it will be a bit to sloppy tomorrow even if the wind does start back off.

Be a bit more positive Gav! Its going to be beautiful. Just checked Willyweather & Seabreeze & its all go. I'm going to catch me a dolly!!

Well it is starting to drop out but it would be still sloppy when we would leave but i guess your doing princess hours so may be ok by then Was a few bait schools around and a few lots of fling fish. We did see a marlin at the surface so you never know.

Nice box of fish there Gav.

Is this Princess enough hours for you!! Junas still asleep, I'm just now hooking the boat up & we will be out on the water by 9 & back from the Banks by 5. Need to wait till 5 to get some water on the bar. Hey Gav, shove your head out the window mate- it's beautiful!!!

It does look good and I am out there too - but will stay beyond Princess hours

Well done Gaven and thanks for the info.
    Cheers

Trev

Well done guys.

Yous have a great fed there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000811.jpg 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	87758Paul took the boat out again friday afternoon with another lot of family members up for the xmas break and had about the same result as we got but the pearlies were better quality with the last 2 going 59 & 63cm