Thread: tinaroo advice

tinaroo advice

hey all going to camp at tinaroo tomorrow night has anyone got any advice on where to start to look for some barra,its my first time to fish it,so any info would be great.
    cheers marty

Re: tinaroo advice

looks like this is a popular thread with the amout of people looking at it...
    anyway got home this afternoon and only fishing for only about 2 hours max yesterday evening we came up fishless(mind you we were fishing while the ski boats were still going,but no where near them!!!)
    we were casting soft plastics and did a bit of a troll near kauri ck.

so if there is anyone that can give us a heads up on the dam that would be great..
    cheers marty

Marty,
    It's been a while since I fished it but what you want to do is find warm water. The bays downwind, that is if the wind is from the east, fish the western bays. The other thing that works is go up the arms to find warm, almost stagnant water. The fish are in shallow water, sometimes only half a meter deep. Look for weed 'reefs' with corridors between the clumps, and cast up them. Work the lure slow, with lots of flash.
    I like long bombers, they are deadly.
    The other thing that works is trolling at night along the warm bays.

I posted up a couple of reports, just search under tinaroo. There is also a vid on YouTube, look up tinaroo barra fishing.

Good luck.

TM

Hi Marty,
    As above suggestions. I've found early morning to be best up there. Fishing the points where ever these is a lot of bait flicking the surface. Find a spot with lots of bait and flog it! As TM said they can be in very shallow water sometimes. I've caught them up there from 1m to 12m deep ( ledges & drop offs) haven't fished the dam for almost 2 years now.
    Cheers Richo

thanks guys,next time im up there i will look for the weed beds.
    i will be going up more often as my kids are hooked on getting towed behind the boat on a kneeboard,now ive got to buy more stuff,lol.

any more advice from other guys would be great.

cheers marty