Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting in the time, Cairns and Port Douglas.

Re: Putting in the time, Cairns and Port Douglas.

Attachment 87716 hope this works, otherwise page 42 of the sounder readings post.

Thats a great looking sounder shot, always hard to commit to finding new ground and even harder to find a crew to come out with you when doing so.

Something i've found very interesting is what things actually look like down there in person rather than on sounder. I've started freediving a number of my marks down around hinchinbrook and it is quite impressive and is supprising the number of fish sitting on some marks when their is nothing bitting or even shown on the sounder. I'd love to be able to dive a wonkey hole if your interested in actually seeing whats down there and have a spare spot on your boat, have a couple decent underwater camera's to get some footage. Can freedive anything down to about 25m.

Nidrac

Thanks Nidrac,

In the process of building a housing for my current camera to send it down there. Considering I only found a couple of spots over about eight hours I'm not keen to take too many people there yet.

I'm keen for a cray spearing day though, can take you to some nice stones, sent you a PM a while back and didn't hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    Thanks Nidrac,

In the process of building a housing for my current camera to send it down there. Considering I only found a couple of spots over about eight hours I'm not keen to take too many people there yet.

I'm keen for a cray spearing day though, can take you to some nice stones, sent you a PM a while back and didn't hear back.
    Yeah thats fully understandable mate, the camera housing does sound like a good idea i've often thought to do the same with my bought housings that are good to 40-60m but cant quite trust that much money on the end of a cord.

Not sure i recieved that PM can't remember seeing it but my appolagies if it did come through, but yeah i'd be keen for a day chasing crays, didn't get a chance to do it last year bluewater stuff was always too apealing when the weather was good.

Cheers,
    Nidrac

probably 7 or 8 trips now that have mainly been searching, finding some good rubble, wonkys and what I think is an uncharted wreck. I owe one of my deckies in particular some beers for his patience..

Attachment 96755

Hi guys,
    well putting in the time has been working, I still have trips where the fish don't play the game, but I've got some really nice fish. Yesterday I got a new PB largemouth nannygai at 92.5cm and on a plastic, very happy with that. My wife got an 84cm too.

Whoops sideways image, well that'll do! Lol

Good stuff nicko seen that one on facebook. Big fish those ones. Can be trying when they don't play the game, which seems common for me.

Pazz

Thanks Pazz, it's nice to crack 90cm but luck really comes into it, but I'll take it!