Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can one so young be so wise ;)

How can one so young be so wise ;)

Well what a day One i will remember for a while
    A plan was hatched to go catch a black or 3 as they are like rats ATM "apparently"

I picked up my crusty Deckie/Guide in the we early hours, He had that much shit "sorry fishing stuff" i thought about dumping some fuel to cross the bar

We met Humdinger at the ramp to follow us through the Bar ?? WTF follow me ? last time i found a sand bar following my guide
    So after an uneventful xing we set off for some hoo, man I tell ya my crusty old sea dog knows his shit not 10min later I have a cracking hoo alongside Thats where it stayed though, Old salty has a new rule know Tie your own Knot LMAO

We then set off for some Blacks Bretto in toe, shortly after we hear radio calls 3-3-3
    Maybe just maybe hopes high we threw every type of pusher, diver, skipper, flipper my trusty side kick had 5-5-5 shortly crackled over radio.

Dolly on deck came over radio from Humdinger nice fish mate.

Well we watched fish swim past, we watched them fly past on their tail, we just couldn't bag one.

Would i do it again ? In a heart beat, is it addictive ? compared to crystal meth ? Maybe !

So to my old trusty Sea dog Deckie, Thx mate I havn't laughed so much at not catching fish in a long time.

Cheers
    Dick
    I can see why the ladies can't go back once they have gone black

Re: How can one so young be so wise ;)

Geeezus DT I thought for sure you would of got one after all this marlin mayhem, could be easier to get crystal meth than a marlin guess it comes down to who you know . I bet you'll get one soon enough mate I am sure you threw every bloody lure at the things. Your day sounded much better than my day in a room with laptops doing system testing on new software would gladly trade for the boat.
    tight lines & merry xmas ol mate.

always tomorrow dick,well maybe the day after...am sure you will get one...did you try a 3 inch barraspoon,heard they go alright on the blacks but only if attached to a rod pulled from the bin.lol.

was a great day out dt . i'd probably sack that deckie though
    but then atleast he didn't turn up straight from the pub then sleep on the deck all day
    well any way we had one good hookup early in the morning but those evos just don't come in
    that was the funniest thing my deckie thought he had something huge . i don't think he was expecting an evo though . the disapointed look on his face was priceless .

about 5 or so hours later we pulled a huge dollie up along side it was bending my biggest broomstick rod . deckie missed with the gaf and it takes another run toward the front of boat stupid me not remembering why i buit a centre cab just watched it cut itself off .

a little while later i get payback and land an 8 kg dollie .

we saw a couple of blacks free jumping but nothing like saturday

any way still a great day out

Quote Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post
    was a great day out dt . i'd probably sack that deckie though
    but then atleast he didn't turn up straight from the pub then sleep on the deck all day
    well any way we had one good hookup early in the morning but those evos just don't come in
    that was the funniest thing my deckie thought he had something huge . i don't think he was expecting an evo though . the disapointed look on his face was priceless .

about 5 or so hours later we pulled a huge dollie up along side it was bending my biggest broomstick rod . deckie missed with the gaf and it takes another run toward the front of boat stupid me not remembering why i buit a centre cab just watched it cut itself off .

a little while later i get payback and land an 8 kg dollie .

we saw a couple of blacks free jumping but nothing like saturday

any way still a great day out
    I forgot about watching your deckie buckle over as I thumbed the drag tighter
    Great day out thx for the laughs
    Dick

i thought you would have played it a bit longer . i would have

Quote Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post
    i thought you would have played it a bit longer . i would have
    The thought of a bungy loaded Hex head at mach 5 ran through my mind for a second
    Dick

looks like virgil from the thunderbirds

karate kid doing the crane with a banana up his ass?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I was prayin to the marlin gods to bless you DT.......you know what it is hummdinger..it's those suzukis their not fish attracters like the yammys....thanks for the run out yesterday Dick, had a ball and mate you'll get one soon.....as per the radio chatter sat & sun were the days to be out there ,with only one boat yesterday hookin up mostly,cheers and merry Xmas

We were out yesterday as well, south of the bar, had the same result 0/0/0, No idea what the numbers mean but adds up to a big fat donut...

We saw Humdinger inside us , trolling the same area, We think we had one strike (snapped the pin out of a rod holder on a skirted lure, trolled a rod and reel for a bit). and that was it for 4 hours or so of trolling..

Anyway always next week.

Regards
    HOnda.

0-0-0 means we need more practice. although the pearl perch was bloody nice for breakfast this morning.

Grasshopper, when you take the Black out of the water then you will be a true fisho
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Grasshopper, when you take the Black out of the water then you will be a true fisho
    Why must I hold these hot rocks Master