Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlin Madness

Marlin Madness

Met Bull1 at Manley ramp at 5am.As this was my first trip out the South passage bar I opted to follow my more experienced mate.We got to the bar to find it some what like a washing machine,got through with out getting wet.Bull stopped to get some live bait,I headed off to find the marlin.I had my wife and two young lads with me today in the hope of landing our first marlin.
    Put a spread of 4 lures out and within 5 min we had a black jumping out the backAfter a long run and the fish managed to break me off.Marlin 1 Megabite 0.The calls on the radio were coming thick and fast marlin were on the chew all over the place.

started another troll and woooha the rod goes off and were on again.After some frantic working to get the other rods and teasers in. Managed to land our first Aus black marlin.

As the day went on we had many strikes and lost many fish.We landed 4 marlin lost 6 and 2 Dollies. My Mrs also got her first Marlin, left them biting at 2pm.

Thanks to Brett for the guidance out the bar amd MM Perry for the marks.We had an awesome day out,will be back soon to increase the tally.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08602.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	87401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08599.jpg 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	87402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08606.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	87403  
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Well done wayne, certainly was awesome out there!

Re: Marlin Madness

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Well done Wayne, certainly was awesome out there!
    Sure was,when we going again?
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Congratulations Wayne on your first Aussie Black.
    We all had a lot of fun out there yesterday. The Lures you got me sure worked a treat thanks.

Cheers Brett

Sounds like a great day. Congrats to you and your missus on your first marlin. Hard to beat the adrenalin rush of a screaming reel and jumping black and the mayhem that goes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post
    Congratulations Wayne on your first Aussie Black.
    We all had a lot of fun out there yesterday. The Lures you got me sure worked a treat thanks. All good,Im going to order some more do you want me to get you some?

Cheers Brett
    All good,Im going to order some more do you want me to get you some?
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    All good,Im going to order some more do you want me to get you some?
    Yes please, the same again!

Will do,if your not busy,you should come around and I can show you how to rig them up with hooks and wire.
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    Will do,if your not busy,you should come around and I can show you how to rig them up with hooks and wire.
    When were you thinking

Well done Wayne and co got to be happy with that

Awsome Work Wayne and to all the guys that were out there yesterday wished I could have been there with you guys. Well done to your missus Wayne on her first marlin it can be a pretty daunting thing bringing those fish in for a first timer I didn't know what to expect when I was out there with the boys looking for them. Hope your boat didn't suffer too much Damage mate well done.

Great stuff Wayne. It was a mini Ausfish M&G out there wasn't it. Your boat looked like it handled the bar nicely as well. I think Bulls team are going to sign up for the little ships tournament. Maybe we can get an Ausfish armada
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Top stuff there Wayne and congrats to the Wife......great stuff.

Hmmmmm.....why you put ideas like that out there Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Great stuff Wayne. It was a mini Ausfish M&G out there wasn't it. Your boat looked like it handled the bar nicely as well. I think Bulls team are going to sign up for the little ships tournament. Maybe we can get an Ausfish armada
    Yea it was good to have company.Had to smile at some of the radio banter?I'm keen to fish the comp.
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Congrats, what an awesome feeling