Thread: Emperor weren't biting

Angry Emperor weren't biting

Went for a run Thursday night out off Yeppoon and only scratched two emperor. Cobia were in plague. I have never seen them that thick. We ended up moving off the emperor spot because they were giving us the sh!ts! Kept one for the neighbours/inlaws.

Got some red jew, sweetlip, red throat, jobfish and an amberjack.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0228.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	87397  

Re: Emperor weren't biting

Mate same where we were but we come home just after dark they we incredibly thick everywhere's we couldn't scratch up a legal red and sharks well they were as thick as the cobia. Waiting on Boony to throw up a report
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Nice fish there buddy.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Something you wont believe happened as well. I lost a $700 rod and reel over the side in 40m of water at about 10pm. I just about cried.

2 hours later my mate hooked the braid, i got the god and reel back and there was a nanny still on it!

That's gold ! Good thing you don't move spots as often as I do
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

I usually do move a lot, I stuck around with my hopes up. The rod was a daiwa ahi, which I found out the previous day they have stopped making.

thats great news on the rod/reel and a feed of fish to boot

cheers Murf

We went for a look out from Yeppoon Thursday too and went pretty good. Found some new ground which was a highlight,.. always good to spend the time searching for new spots yourself and be rewarded.
    There were some quality fish and the Emps, Nanny's & Trout definitely made an account of themselves
    Although we had the same probs with the noahs as you fellas did.. must be everywhere...
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	87414  

What direction did you guys head out?

I wasn't game to chase spannos, I was too woried about ending up with more cobia!

Hi guys,
    Was fortunate enough to join kaypee for a couple of days fishing and was good to see things are still pretty hot up around conroys,, as said the red fish and Spanish were around but there was always a set of teeth after them! (sharks-6 x-raps-0,,,, more ot!) its always a shame to have to come home because the ice is running out!
    A few highlights from the trip was actually having a plan of searching until we find something that looked great come of after half a day of driving,,, then first drop 75cm trout then red fish one after another!
    Two 5 foot wahoo circling the boat and to have a seriously tricked up Octo jig that was being used as a pusher in the bubble stream while trolling smashed by a Spanish that lept about 3 ft out of the water!! Unreal to see and even better when the jokes and sledging stopped once the Mac hit the box!! as always was awesome to be on the water!

New Ground...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1142.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	87499

First Drop....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1137.jpg 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	87500