Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Sealers

Vacuum Sealers

I'm about to buy a vacuum sealer. Are there any tips on the do's and dont's ? Are the evilbay one's ok ?

Cheers

JJ

Don't suck bait juice into wife's vac sealer and put it away
    Do clean wife's vac sealer and use paper towel in the top of bag to absorb juicy smell liquid before it enters unit, then just hit seal button before liquid goes past paper towel !

Re: Vacuum Sealers

I use sucky bags . Do a search on vac sealer and you see everyones ideas.

I use a cheapie from Cabelas. The better ones can suck out a lot more moisture and still operate OK. I have to dry my stuff before vacing
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I have one of the better ones (not a cheapskate like Horse!). It has a removable drip tray at the bottom to catch the 'juices'.

Unika brand from Munro Direct. Bought it at the local camping/caravanning/boating show.

Cheers,
    Jim

Another vote for the Unika from Munro Direct, I have one and its awesome. Not the cheapest available but it works great, is easy to clean and has great suction pressure.
    Pre-freeze fish fillets and other soft meat until it's firm but not completely frozen, before vac sealing.

One vote sunbeam fresh keeper. Powerful enought to make my freshly made hamburger patties look like, well, something else. Bags aren't cheap whichever way you go but I think they are good value for camping and fish.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

search Crazy sales, and Deals direct. I have the one from deals direct. About $ 60 . Had it 7 years. Done a lot of work. Does a great job.
    Would not be without one now.
    David

That is the one I have. There are 58 reviews on the Deals direct site. They may help
    David

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    That is the one I have. There are 58 reviews on the Deals direct site. They may help
    David
    That is the one I got from Cabelas. I have had about 5 years out of it. I use bags (rolls) from Aldi or superbutcher. They are a fraction of the price of sunbeam etc and work fine
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hi
    I have a Sunbeam one and wouldn't be without it. There is another thread on here on this topic so would be worth a look.

I do Fish, meat, vegies and even our bait especially if we are going camping. No blood or smells through your esky.

there are non electric ones on the market that would be worth having a look out as well as these are handy if you are camping etc.

Good luck

Mrs H

I have the Sunbeam and is awesome and use it constantly bait meat fish squid . It's the dearer one for 250 that i got for 200 a while back but if u have a Big W there they have them for 129$ dad just bought one and goes a treat
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Don't vac bread or breadrolls without freezing them first. You end up with flat dough and it won't reinflate.

Had a Sunbeam for about 4 years. Use it all the time. Rolls are a bit expensive, but it will save you heaps in the long run with food kept fresh and no freezer burns.

Have used the Aldi one for a few years, bags are cheap there as well. They only have them once a year though.