Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacuum Sealers

Re: Vacuum Sealers

I got one on the weekend as well. Kippa-ring Aldi had heaps - but no rolls of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    I got one on the weekend as well. Kippa-ring Aldi had heaps - but no rolls of plastic.
    Stafford had plenty of bags
    Cheers

Trev

Hey people I've noticed a lot of comments on here re expensive bags etc, There is heaps on Ebay Aust. and This link is to a set of roles I bought recently which is really cheap and they are very very good.!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-X-VACUU...item33805d9846
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

Wife is sceptical I can catch any fish to justify the buy which is understandable considering the last two trips near 200km each for a grand total of one nannygai

I will come good - kinda have too.

Just need these offshore currents to slow as well.
    Trev, offer to seal some of the food she buys, my missus now uses mine all the time, she is slightly gluten intolerant and as the gluten free bread is so expensive she now vac packs several slices at a time and freezes it, just remember to hit the seal button before it squashes the bejesus out of it. She also uses it for heaps of other stuff, meat, bacon, even special flour she buys.

I reuse a lot of the bags for bait as my missus uses freeser bags to wrap her stuff in first, I will buy a box of IQF pillies put 20 or so into into a bag and seal them before throwing them into the freezer, sometime gets squid at the right price and do the same. When the mullet are around and they chase the coral spawn they are easy to catch, I fillet them for offshore work and vac pack them then load the frames into the gutter guard bags ready for the crab pots and freeze them. Makes life a lot easier in the bait fridge.