Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF - Is this? Found inside a Wahoo

Re: WTF - Is this? Found inside a Wahoo

I have found them in most of my wahoo here in Aus but never looked into them just happy it wasn't in the flesh!

I read something about them ages ago, If I recall correctly, most wahoo have them but apparently you hardly ever see more than one inside each Wahoo. Has anybody got more than the one on a regular basis? Sorta makes you have second thoughts about eating Wahoo though!!

Very common in Wahoo .......you usually get one or two & while its a parasite - from my experience / understanding it doesn't affect the fish or the eating quality Regardless - it does put you off a bit

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

those worms are in most wahoo ive caught.. ive also caught a few wahoo with a smaller worm in bright green.. mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

never seen one in a Woo, checked out the stomach contents of a 12kg model that Boat Hog caught at Fraser and didn't see anything like that

just read an alternate/greenie style paper on worms/parasites in fish, you would never eat fish after reading it

cheers Murf

I'd rather have the flat worms in them than mistakenly slice their gut open and find a heap of old puffer fish

Christ they stink and they seem to gorge themselves on them when they get the chance. Stuff gets into your skin I swear and won't even scrub out

See.... I told youse all it'll be good tucker.
    Can't go wrong with a good feed of worms.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Thanks all,

Murf was about 50mm long. Good idea though pull it out the Turkey on Christmas day, that should scare the rest of them off..Mmmmm more turkey for me..

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

If your game enough put one on each nipple as a party trick......At least a carton involved.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF