Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feelin' like a lucky man

Blog Entries

Feelin' like a lucky man

So I got a Xmas bonus this year and had saved a little of my monthly allowance and had a $7500 budget. Many iterations, ideas, ummming ahhhhhing, deciding, undeciding then altering on my strategy

So I picked up tinny of ol mate from here on Ausfish with a reasonably new 30hp yam my, 4.1m Clarke with a watersnake leccy. Gonna put an ipilot 55lb with 54in shaft Min Kota version 2 on it (picked one up for $1,780, bloody bargain, if ya want details pm me)

Went out today and got my boat liscence. I had never steered, driven a boat other that the yak in my life. I learnt a heap. By no means an expert let alone a competent mariner but feel a lot safer on the water now after the course.

So, tomorrow I will have a fish off the yak, come home, clean up, get my license issued and get ready for my 1st shot at having a run in my own boat. I have a mate coming along to make sure I am safe along with others on the water...... Very exciting times for me indeed.

Re: Feelin' like a lucky man

Wishing you lots of safe and happy fishing days on water the mate.

Enjoy!!
    Cheers

Trev

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Wishing you lots of safe and happy fishing days on water the mate.

Enjoy!!
    Cheers Trev, and I hope all is going well for you and yours too mate especially for your amazingly vibrant and strong young man.

Merry xmas

Great to hear Funchy and congrats. Here's a tip, just remember the bung mate.
    Happy fishin

Daz
    Good things come to those who bait

Thanks mate,

I send PM as I do not want to hijack your joyful post into a hospital thread

Our boy had first lung operation on 28th then second this Thursday on 13th and he seems to have recovered pretty quickly after each one which is amazing considering they literally are cutting away segments of his lung - he lost about 10% of each lung.

I have been in hospital with him and just got home, so now his mum will be with him till he is released hopefully Tuesday.

He will get Christmas at home and then start radiation and chemo on 27th Dec.

We hope to have our boy back to "normal" early next year and will continue his life with a maintenance program and pray this cruel disease never returns.

He is very strong and recovers way faster than any other kids around him at any age. Hard to believe he was being cut up to remove lung and tumours Thursday arvo then today not long off oxygen and morphine here I am in the playground pushing him on the swing - got to love his spirit.

Sorry mate I was going to PM this but it is too good a news not to share - hope you understand
    Cheers

Trev

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Thanks mate,

I send PM as I do not want to hijack your joyful post into a hospital thread

Our boy had first lung operation on 28th then second this Thursday on 13th and he seems to have recovered pretty quickly after each one which is amazing considering they literally are cutting away segments of his lung - he lost about 10% of each lung.

I have been in hospital with him and just got home, so now his mum will be with him till he is released hopefully Tuesday.

He will get Christmas at home and then start radiation and chemo on 27th Dec.

We hope to have our boy back to "normal" early next year and will continue his life with a maintenance program and pray this cruel disease never returns.

He is very strong and recovers way faster than any other kids around him at any age. Hard to believe he was being cut up to remove lung and tumours Thursday arvo then today not long off oxygen and morphine here I am in the playground pushing him on the swing - got to love his spirit.

Sorry mate I was going to PM this but it is too good a news not to share - hope you understand
    Mate, I am honored you decided to announce this great news here. So very happy to hear this mate!!!!!!

You can call yourself a skipper after you have hit your first sandbank, dont worry mate we all polish the prop at some point, happy boating funchy.

Two good news items then. I am very happy for both of you.

You both are set to have a very merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Funchy the boat thing is so much fun..,, its an endless source of new things to learn. Hope you have a ball.

Congrats to both of you. I can see big smiles allround.
    Cheers
    Bob.

hope all goes well with the new boat/or was it motor anyway congrats on the boat license enjoy and have a merry Xmas and happy new fishing year

Nice work on getting the boat and licence.

If you ever need deckies or another boat to go anywhere with. Ausfish member Mighty Quin ( Barry ) lives almost next door to you. He & son has, Yak, tinnie and 17ft'er. Give him a pm, or ask me for his phone number. OH, he also is a member of the Caloundra Coast Guard.

Good News Trev.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

on ya Funchy.
    Another couple of items ticked off your list. Looking forward to see first report from the tinny
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

well done mate, the waterways will never be the same. So where the happy snaps of the new rig, not that im interested in it , just want to know which boat to steer clear of........ or maybe follow to the secret flatty spots.

you know you wont catch as many fish now. but you'll get to your spots a hell of alot quicker.

cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    well done mate, the waterways will never be the same. So where the happy snaps of the new rig, not that im interested in it , just want to know which boat to steer clear of........ or maybe follow to the secret flatty spots.

you know you wont catch as many fish now. but you'll get to your spots a hell of alot quicker.

cheers
    lol, cheers Wayno.

I suspect you are right about not catching as many fish. Particularly at first

Here is a sneak peak at the new to (i-pilot is yet to be mounted)

tinny.jpg

Bud,
    So how was it ? did you find it stable for walking around in. It would have gone pretty hard with a 30hp on the back.