Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Media Release: Christmas Boost for Boaties

Thumbs down Re: Media Release: Christmas Boost for Boaties

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Labor raised it from $35 to $36.05 just over a year ago, the LNP has now raised it again from $36.05 to $37.30.

That stocking was to be covered by the new Qld rec fishing licence (the licence the LNP ruled out before the election then 1 month later tried shopping it around fishing groups).
    If it doesn't resurface again soon I would bank on a state wide freshwater licence. That was also shopped around, the prob with that is we'd need an absolute massive increase in new SIP licence holders for the impoundments not to go backwards.
    Cheers
    Thanks Mike ..... we kicked those labor barstools to the kerb...for doing that shit

"the" LNP is directly increasing "costs to Recreationally FW Fish" .. reducing services....hmmm

Re: Media Release: Christmas Boost for Boaties

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I know your not m8

BUT , what was wrong? , and what improvement(s) did you(s) help implement ??
    May help others as an "e.g."
    Amongst the improvements adopted were simple things like reshaping the kerb near the ramp to give a better angle for backing, more single car parks for visitors/crew who meet people at the ramp, ensuring that the ramp was designed to take a pontoon in future, ensuring that a drain adjacent to the ramp below HW was dealt with, and i could go on. We also got improved rigging areas for both the existing and new ramps.

You have to remember that sometimes the Parks people in Councils end up dealing with boat ramps, and they know stuff all about the practicalities of designing a car park and ramp to accommodate the weekend wallies who struggle to back a trailer straight, let alone round a corner.

So the engineers who end up having to sort it out value having some external input so they can tell the Parks people where to shove ........

But thats all really beside the point. The point is to make the effort to do something, and to engage with the staff in a respectful way. Who knows, i could have found nothing wrong with the design.

Its too late once it is built. Much harder then t get things changed. Plus, it gets the staff used to seeking input.

That Council officer has called me twice since then about boating facilities to get my thoughts! Would never have happened if i hadn't made the effort and approached things positively with him.

I am happy to deal with Raby Bay because i use it all the time and know it well. I rarely use Wynnum, so someone who does, or several of you, need to step up.

So, are we all still sitting on the hill, or have we got the pads on, gloves ready, protector in, ready to go out to bat?

Cheers!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

So much for the consultation process then huh.
    It seems we can save a mega buck on projects and do away with the consultation process and just ask some locals who use the facility an awful lot.
    Why do we pay for consultants if they seem to stuff it up a lot? What's their purpose?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Finga I think you know the answer to that.

The consultants prepare the plans with lighting, draining, access etc and ensure it has the correct details.

Input is purely ideas to make the plan better not the actual preparation of the plans and ensuring it is compliant with regulations.

Input can be 10% of the ideas making up the final plan it is not the do all and end all as Moonlighter clearly put it I thought.

Anyway here is what I reckon would work at Mooloolaba with the pontoons - similar to what QLD Govt added to Rosslyn Bay ramp where the pontoon is to the side of the ramp. Also no tie off points or tie off allowed until at the end of the pontoon and around the corner to keep the ramp functional and not have clowns tie off blocking the ramp.

Please please please do not put the pontoon in the middle of the ramps!!!

Mooloolaba Ramp Pontoons.JPG
    Cheers

Trev

Why not look to increase the funding to the VMR and Coastguard Operations to provide vital Rescue equipment for boaties,

A lot of these groups are doing it hard and its about time the government looked at them as part of their Emergency Services, They do more rescues than any other yet they still have to fundraise all of their money to keeps their boats ready and operational at a moments notice. Go down to one of the groups on a weekend and see what they actually do and how hard we have to fight for every dollar.