Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeymoon fishing trip to Queensland

Re: Honeymoon fishing trip to Queensland

little sister? bikini? cart full of Snapper? where is this place? I reckon that if you start at Cairns, then hire a car and drive (on the correct side of the road) all the way down the coast, then across the bottom, then up the other side, visiting fishing spots and friendly people, you could be home by around 2050?

Now let me see, you've got a photo of your fiance's little sister in a bikini with a barrow load of snappers, which you refuse to show to us.

Do you know what can happen if you titilatingly tantalize an aussie bloke such as the mongrels on here?

Well, you obviously don't but be warned that stingers and crocs are mere playthings compared to an aussie who thinks he's been denied natural justice or a look at a barrow load of fish wheeled by a girl in a bikini.

PS You can send me the pic by PM and I'll do my best to describe the contents to the boys in aussie lingo.

Sorry blokes, didn't mean to tease you all with the little sister. Just know that she's not quite on par with the one that will get up at 5am, spend all day on the boat, including hours untangling lines if needed, land more than her share of the fish, and clean them, all while making sure you have a cold beer close at hand and looking sang good while doing so. That one's mine!

Hope you mates are catching some fish.

My advise don't bother coming south stay up in FNQ paradise

The only 2 charters I would jump on woul be with Ryan moody out of hinchinbrook/lucinda/cardwell chasing anything from Barra king salmon and fingermark

The other would be out of mackay with reefari, chasing red emperor and reef species

Reefari has heaps of YouTube footage and Ryan moody is hooked on hinchinbrook on Facebook, they both have heaps of video footage which is the best for a charter business

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

It's been awhile, but I had to take a break from fishing, I mean honeymoon, planning in Oz to get ready for the wedding. We're 3 months out from leaving for a couple of weeks in FNQ (Cairns, Forrest Beach, Bingil Bay and Yungaburra) with a couple of days guided fishing around Hinchinbrook with Carlo Ferrara and one day of fishing/island hopping in the Palm Islands off Forrest Beach. We're spending a few days sightseeing around Lake Tinarroo and it seems a shame to spend time on a big lake without wetting a line. Don't really care what we catch and may have expended my budget for guided trips... Any thoughts? I think our days in Cairns area are booked, but I'm open to good suggestions for there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman83467 View Post
    It's been awhile, but I had to take a break from fishing, I mean honeymoon, planning in Oz to get ready for the wedding. We're 3 months out from leaving for a couple of weeks in FNQ (Cairns, Forrest Beach, Bingil Bay and Yungaburra) with a couple of days guided fishing around Hinchinbrook with Carlo Ferrara and one day of fishing/island hopping in the Palm Islands off Forrest Beach. We're spending a few days sightseeing around Lake Tinarroo and it seems a shame to spend time on a big lake without wetting a line. Don't really care what we catch and may have expended my budget for guided trips... Any thoughts? I think our days in Cairns area are booked, but I'm open to good suggestions for there as well.

Have You been to OZ before M8 ?

Ray & Kerri.

No idea about guides mate, but to all reports there are some huge Barramundi in Lake Tinarroo.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Yep, but I'm not sure about your three piece rod on tinaroo. Better off with one of those 2 piece pool cues. The barra there are large but if you could see a day clear to try for one it would be a great experience for you and your girl. ( I suspect she's just in your dreams. The type of female you've described only exists as an avatar. Next you'll be telling us her dad runs a pub...)
    Someone up there might be able to get you out onto tinaroo for a day. That person will probably have plenty of lures to chuck around as well.
    Can anyone help this day dreaming yank with an obviously fertile imagination?

Nope, this is the first trip for both of us. Someplace we both always wanted to go see, but never made it. Glad we get to do it together.

Thanks, Sheik. Might have to look for something other than the barra then. We're both about just catching fish, especially new ones in a place we've never been before. And yeah, a daydream that I awaken to every morning!! Her dad doesn't own a pub, but he's not shy about making sure the beverage supplies are adequate, and has boats in multiple fishing locations around the States, so I'm not complaining!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Yep, but I'm not sure about your three piece rod on tinaroo. Better off with one of those 2 piece pool cues. The barra there are large but if you could see a day clear to try for one it would be a great experience for you and your girl. ( I suspect she's just in your dreams. The type of female you've described only exists as an avatar. Next you'll be telling us her dad runs a pub...)
    Someone up there might be able to get you out onto tinaroo for a day. That person will probably have plenty of lures to chuck around as well.
    Can anyone help this day dreaming yank with an obviously fertile imagination?