Thread: trouble choosing a xmas presnt.

trouble choosing a xmas presnt.

hey all, well with xmas coming up that means that new fishing gear is on the cards. trouble is im having trouble choosing a new rod so i was after some suggestions on which rods yous would recommend. will be macthed with a stradic 3000fj with 6lb braid, mainly flicking lures targeting bass but will be used for bream an small squire from time to time. im allowed to spend roughly $180.

can any one help me out an suggest a rod that would help me make up my mind

cheers!

Re: trouble choosing a xmas presnt.

I have a Gary Howard Envy 2 - 5 kg.
    Would be ok for largish hard-bodies and spinner-baits in the fresh.

Then I think Daiwa and Shimano would have something in the 6-12lb in that price range as well.

That's just an idea, I would definitely recommend checking a few shops out and check them out yourself.

work out your needs after you looked at a few brands and weights.

Even though your running light line the 3000 fj itself is a heavy kind of reel so you most probably wont be able to match it to a fineness rod under 10lb as it might be overkill for real light work (like fineness bream).
    Though it could be done if the rod has a light tip which is good for finesse bream but not so great for pulling larger diving hard bodies, surface lures and Spinners.

Don't expect much bling for your buck with a GH Envy, very standard rod, but worth a look as a starting point.

Dan