Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome trolley

Awesome trolley

I have just bought one of These to make it easier to move the kayak around. They have an ebay store.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Re: Awesome trolley

How much did it cost you delivered?
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

just needs a towball attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    How much did it cost you delivered?
    $120 delivered.
    Here is the link, sale ends in 19 hrs but they will probably list more. Dont know if this is a good price but I was happy as they fit neatly in the scupper holes and won't move around over rough ground like the other type.
    Last edited by griz066; 11-12-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling

I got one of those when I bought the yak...you don't need the straps..the legs stick up enough that the yak will not fall off. All you do is invert and put in the same holes once you get on the water.. I think I paid $115 for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I got one of those when I bought the yak...you don't need the straps..the legs stick up enough that the yak will not fall off. All you do is invert and put in the same holes once you get on the water.. I think I paid $115 for mine.
    Great idea, I guess something to secure it incase of capsize would be a wise move.

thanks

never seen the key locking straps before and I like the sail as well from that seller. Hmm trolling with sail. .

I've found that with quite a few of the sellers I send them aquestion with a offer in it and they will often put up a seperate listing for me and happy to have the business especially if combining a couple of items.

I can see the awesomeness for an empty upside-down yak, but how easy is it to slide under a fully loaded wet yak when you're back on land?

Quote Originally Posted by metaloid View Post
    I can see the awesomeness for an empty upside-down yak, but how easy is it to slide under a fully loaded wet yak when you're back on land?
    very easy..just lift by the handle and slide em under with your foot.

I've found for most yaks, you really need to have a trolley with pegs that fit in the scupper hole to make it easy to tow/push.

The one that came with my yak just straps on and is a pain as it slides off easily. I'll be modifying it to add 2 pvc uprights to slide in the scuppers.

Re tipping over, I would think that the trolley should float as the wheels look pneumatic!!

Hmmm, never had issues with the yak sliding off my trolley without scupper posts, but I do strap it on pretty well. Mine is the simple cut down fridge trolley yak, i.e. you cut down a supacheap fridge trolley at the first horizontal brace, cut the base to the shape of the yak and wrap the whole thing with pool noodle. I just use a simple cambuckle strap around the yak to secure. Have pulled over gutters, up beaches with soft sand etc and whilst it does move a little on the trolley at first the strap pulls up tight and stops this pretty quickly. All up this trolley cost me $30 and about an hour with an angle grinder, $2 worth of pool noodle, cable ties and gaffa tape.

I do have an ideal trolley on my radar / wishlist and hope to get one in the near future though, these are specifically designed for soft sand with large balloon inflatable tyres from a mob called 'wheeleez'. Dragging the yak up the beach in hot soft sand can be a real mission at times, ten times harder than the paddling itself and having a trolley that sits on top of the sand rather than cutting through will make things just that little easier at the end of a long session. http://www.wheeleez.com/

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by metaloid View Post
    I used to do the same as Pinhead suggests. But it was too difficult some days, and some days I got it wrong and the yak tipped over and spilt gear everywhere. So I now float the yak into deeper water (say 2 foot) and slide the trolley wheels up into the scupper holes under the water, then walk straight out of the water to the car with the yak - much easier. The wheels have some air in them and push the trolley up against the yak - so no way of loosing them. Just give the trolley wheels a good rinse at home and a quick spray of WD40 etc. and all good.

Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

I made one of these when I had my malibu. I cant remember the cost but it was a bit of pvc and ally round bar for an axle.

and now I have one of these
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

I've got one of these

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    I've got one of these
    that is an awesome trolley for sure but it won't fit through the narrow gate at the caravan park ;-)