Thread: Moreton island

Moreton island

Can you drive your car into North point camp. We have camp fridge etc so need to camp next to car. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, John.

Re: Moreton island

Access: the campground can be reached by 4WD only. Four sites are suitable for camper trailers. Although the campground is accessible by 4WD, it is necessary to park a short distance from each camp site. It is not possible to drive onto or beside tent sites.

This is from the parks website.

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/mo...d/camping.html

Thanks mate but I have seen that info. I should have worded the question better. I understand that the camp sites have bollards to stop you from driving onto them. Is it possible to park right next to these bollards and pull the awning out over them and set your camp up like so. How far from the bollards are the designated sites. Thanks again for any help.

The car parks are really close to the camp sites. Don't know about pulling the awning out over them. Depends how big your awning is.

Nice spot. Grassy camp sites. Toilet block handy.

Some spots have a bit of a slope running off the track for a couple of metres. I'm fairly sure you'd find a suitable spot for what you want, but not 100% certain.

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can get a spot to set up like I would like too. Thanks again.