Thread: north stradbroke hoo

north stradbroke hoo

After gathering some info from fellow ausfishers I headed out through the pin bar this morning in search of a couple of hoo. Started early at 4.30am trolling north with a mixture of hb's and hexheads. Couple hours and nothing, so switched to all hexheads so I could cover some more ground. Landed a nice little hoo at about 1metre as I neared point lookout. In about 60metres of water and water temp was about 25. I continued heading north until I got to point lookout and turned around and headed back to the pin but did not get any more hits. Wish I had of worked the area I caught my hoo a little harder, rather than just giving it one more pass by. Any thoughts on how I can increase my catch rate??

Cheers, Jason
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-09 08.13.34.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	86943  

Re: north stradbroke hoo

You did a 100% better than me bud.....chatter on the radio was mixed, some blokes doing it tough and others putting a few away....well done on the hoo

give sevens a try mate and stick with 3 hardbodies out and work the area south of lookout in shallower water outside the green zone

.. you seem to get the bigger fish on the 150+ gram hexheads ...tuna love the 90g ones... mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    they love the skirt colours in dark green /black...purple/black...blue/silver....and the clear skirt that glows blue/purple when in the water.. you seem to get the bigger fish on the 150+ gram hexheads ...tuna love the 90g ones... mick
    I got mine on a 150gram hexhead in green/clear, also had purple/black and one with a mix of colours.

...I wanna try a green /yellow / silver /spotted skirt when I get around to ordering some... They look tasty.. Lol
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

You sound like you get just as excited as I do when choosing new lures and skirts!! lol