Re: Gympie gets a new lollie shop

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    what part of gympie did they put the store in
    The crappy part .....
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    what part of gympie did they put the store in
    Heading North, it is on the right next to Harvey Norman just as you come into town. Probably 1min off the highway, but visable from it. Take the Tin Can Bay exit and then the next right, right, right.

I drove pass it on Saturday, but kept driving/

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    The crappy part .....
    That's a very broad area you are describing something like a 8k radius

Quote Originally Posted by fat-buoy View Post
    I have no objection to BCF.... they have their market and the local guys have their market.

A while ago I dropped in to the little fishing tackle shop in Gympie just over the rail line on the way to Rainbow... at the time I was looking to buy a Shimano Charter Special reel and had been looking around at prices.... long story short it was a VERY weird experience shopping in that store and that guy had no intention of selling me a reel... turns out his price was what I was willing to pay but after going through a whole tooth pulling exercise to see if he had any of the reel in stock I got my gas bottle filled and left (with images of The Hills Have Eyes movie running through my head).. I bought the reel at the local Tackle World when I got back on the Sunny Coast for the same price ... and got excellent customer service.

For mine BCF is great if you have a pretty good idea of what you are wanting to buy... their prices are reasonable and if you get a gift voucher for your birthday or Christmas then you are pretty much assured you will be able to buy something with it that will make you smile.
    he knew you weren't a local...you have a full set of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    he knew you weren't a local...you have a full set of teeth.
    Funny to read that today as I went to the dentist to have a tooth pulled yesterday and am feeling sore and sorry for myself now haha
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Quote Originally Posted by fat-buoy View Post
    Funny to read that today as I went to the dentist to have a tooth pulled yesterday and am feeling sore and sorry for myself now haha
    Tough trying to be a local, first you have to be here for 25 years as well as getting ya teeth pulled.............
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Tough trying to be a local, first you have to be here for 25 years as well as getting ya teeth pulled.............
    Is that from just one head?..........or Both?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Is that from just one head?..........or Both?

Now ya just being silly, everyone knows they remove the second head at birth these days........
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Now ya just being silly, everyone knows they remove the second head at birth these days........
    Unless your from Tassie or swim in the Noosa river

Yep, Ive heard we are getting another BCF in Cairns ( Northern Bchs)? I love walking around tackle shops. full stop. As a serious fisher, I never depend on Pubecsent lads for info ( you crack me up Phil!) I will credit BCF on their huge range of lures/plastics. Competition is good.

All retail is up for massive shakeup, as the onward march of online shopping gains momentum. Sorry,Thats another issue.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"