Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new jigging out fit

My new jigging out fit

Hi ausfish members
    I have only recently paid to be able to write in this site I have followed reports for a while. I have shocking spelling and punctuation so please excuse me
    I have saved up and finally bought me first jigging set up with line , jigs and Kevlar cord and reel was wondering if you guys have used any of this stuff what are your thoughts and recommendation. I am only using for Sydney kings so 20kg as big as we get them . but mostly 90cm. Rod and reel I bought second hand for $500 and I bought some Fluro carbon from eBay for $40 a roll and Kevlar cord $10 jigs I payed $80 for lot . Any info or suggestions would be great
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My new jigging out fit

That Jigging Master/Smith Offshore setup should be a ripper. You look all set to have some fun on the local Kingy population. Let us all know how you go
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Cant go wrong with that outfit,hope it brings you plenty of big fish.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Question for you guys what about jigs they are copies look ok for price . Any one used them?

I just buy the plain jigs that glow in the dark. Just make sure the split rings on the jigs are top shelf.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Thanks for reply tropics can I ask why split rings have to be top shelf they are only holding jig weight or am I missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by rotorwhitey View Post
    Thanks for reply tropics can I ask why split rings have to be top shelf they are only holding jig weight or am I missing something ?

It depends on how like to rig your jig. I prefer to have a big top shelf split ring on the jig and attach my solid ring & jig hook to that and my swivel to the split ring. If you tie your leader to the solid ring than the spit ring is unimportant, but I find most solid rings are too small for jig hook/line and your leader line. I don't use snap swivels I've had to many break apart.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    It depends on how like to rig your jig. I prefer to have a big top shelf split ring on the jig and attach my solid ring & jig hook to that and my swivel to the split ring. If you tie your leader to the solid ring than the spit ring is unimportant, but I find most solid rings are too small for jig hook/line and your leader line. I don't use snap swivels I've had to many break apart.
    Ahh I get you thanks for info champ

nice buy !!! find me one like that. if the rod and reel are in good working condition you have a bargain. Jigs look legit as well. i will second how tropicrows rigs his jigs although if you are only running PE4 your terminal tackle doesnt have to be over the top.

Thanks for reply deep fried I got a bargin with combo it is immaculate I tested it out today. Hooked up to a 15 kg king in shallow water and 55p braid busted on last run but all else was good . I'm jigging brissy at Christmas so can't wait to test gear out then . Really happy with jigs to a mate of mine told me they are copies of Fcl labos and hots and seven seas and sea falcon they worked just fine and hooked up on fish all day lost 2 to leather jackets so I am happy I didn't pay for real ones would have been crying

Nice quality gear, well done on the first day out aswell. Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by rotorwhitey View Post
    Question for you guys what about jigs they are copies look ok for price . Any one used them?
    I havent used them but they certainly look nice. I saw them on ebay and knew straight away they were copies of the high end stuff. Havent bought any but very tempted.

Looks like a good rig mate. Those copies will work fine. I do buy the good ones and still catch the same as my mate who uses the cheaper jigs. But just watch out. If you don't use a swivel you will get line twist as the jig spins. Could cause damage to your braid. But awesome setup and congrats on the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by shauno555 View Post
    Looks like a good rig mate. Those copies will work fine. I do buy the good ones and still catch the same as my mate who uses the cheaper jigs. But just watch out. If you don't use a swivel you will get line twist as the jig spins. Could cause damage to your braid. But awesome setup and congrats on the bargain.
    Thanks for in put mate done alot of research on copies jigs before I bought them, I looked on a few us fishing sites and looks like the trend of buying copied jigs is getting higher. From what I am told buy the guy I buy them off .is that alot of Japanese brand jigs are made in china and because they do this on the quiet ,the oem manufacturing companies make extra jigs using the left over material from the Japan jig companies. I agree maybe copied jigs are only 9/10 in quality but if jap comany can manufacture jigs for $4-$5 dollars why do we pay $40-$60 a jig?

Hey where did you get those jigs? i can't find them on ebay..