Thread: Lucanis style jigs?

Lucanis style jigs?

Hi,

Anyone know what the strongest type of jigs are? I tried a lucanis cheaper version and this was the result, I'm looking to target fish up to 12kg, wondering if anyone has done this successfully on lucanis or others?

Main obstacle with lucanis is the price tag.

Thanks.Attachment 86853

Re: Lucanis style jigs?

Gillies Ocktas are way cheaper than the shimano and should last you a few fish!

yeah thanks metaloid, i've got a few there but only in the big sizes, so need to go buy some smaller ones and lucanus aren't worth the 30 odd bucks in my opinion, that's a big hit to the wallet when you lose one, and dropping around the bottom and structure it's easy to lose tackle!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    Hi,

Anyone know what the strongest type of jigs are? I tried a lucanis cheaper version and this was the result, I'm looking to target fish up to 12kg, wondering if anyone has done this successfully on lucanis or others?

Main obstacle with lucanis is the price tag.

Thanks.Attachment 86853
    I've got quite a big selection of these types of ockta jigs so if you want.....give me the spot where you catch the 12kg fish and i'll test some out there and report back to you which ones were successful.

ah i would mate but my memory isn't my strong point, somewhere near..nope can't remember sorry

I noticed that Petackle have their own brand Occy jigs for $9.95. I can't comment on whether or not they would land a 12kg fish but the price is right.

The only thing I have ever caught with Octo jigs is the bottom and losing as much money in jigs as fuel I put in the boat for the trip is not my idea of fishing

My son uses the original/genuine ones regularly (including at the 1770 M&G) and they work a treat, but they are expensive, the small hooks are incredibly strong, and will have no trouble on almost any sized fish and tackle, but the price near makes you cry when/if you lose one! the cheap copies are well. . . . cheap copies and are nowhere near as strong (or work as well either)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    yeah thanks metaloid, i've got a few there but only in the big sizes, so need to go buy some smaller ones and lucanus aren't worth the 30 odd bucks in my opinion, that's a big hit to the wallet when you lose one, and dropping around the bottom and structure it's easy to lose tackle!
    I use the Shimano ones and reckon they are great. You can readily get replacement skirts and hooks for them. I pick them up at BCF recently for $15 and of eBay in lots of 3 for under $40 from guy in NZ.