Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tankerton & Stoney Point VIC M & G

Re: Tankerton & Stoney Point VIC M & G

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Nice bag Jim. Let the cat out of the bag. Did Murf and Jarrah have epic fails?
    Not Terry ..... He bagged out first (somewhat smaller snaps ). Spent the next 2-3 hours waiting for someone else to land their first snapper.... won't name Names tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    OK Jim, you have done your bit and took one for the team, you have bagged out on the first day and now you can go home to warm weather.
    You're not wrong mate .... only been here 5 days and already I feel like a holiday on the Gold Coast! Now I know why quite a few Kiwi's move to Melbourne - you can catch snapper in sheltered waters and the weathers miserable .... just like home ay bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    what's with the Snapper cut in half? is that the Victorian way to clean/fillet?
    That would be the Butcher of Balnarring ......!
    Jim

Weather is .... Well, what it is.
    Gale warning today for westernport and surrounds.

Took the dog for a walk this morning and it looked fishable, especially down at Somers Beach:

Got home and nek minute:

So it was off to the cafe for a slap up breakfast with Jarrah Jack and Mrs JJ.

I also managed to find the tree Murfs cousin lives under down this way ...

Hopefully we'll be out on Friday for a fish before we leave.

Cheers,
    Jim

Hey, if the Hogs and Murph want a rest stop on the way home, let me know, you are more than welcome to stay at my place, Murph has been here, and he is still alive (I think)

The Vic weather is in epic fail mode atm. Could it ever be otherwise in spring.

Epic fail for me not getting a pic of Murf with his first Vic gummy, hence forth to be know as the Gummy Man of Ausfish.

The snapper have been co operating although not as much as they can be. Its still class fishing to be able to catch these beauties so close to a city of 3 million plus. The amount of snapper caught each spring in the two bays defies belief.

Got reefed by an estimated 20 pounder yesterday. Very rare these days to get fish that size, 8 kg being the more common big size now.

Nothing wrong with my filleting abilities either. Just ask Mrs Boat Hog, Murf also appreciates my obvious talent too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Of course Terry you have told murf and boat hog how good the weather was before they arrived,
    And yes boat hog you would be surprised what has been cough toff these beaches from gummies to 15kg king fish,
    Hope the weather clears before you leave

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gpz1991 View Post
    Of course Terry you have told murf and boat hog how good the weather was before they arrived,

Paul
    I told them its been beautiful one day perfect the next,,,,,

,for ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I told them its been beautiful one day perfect the next,,,,,

,for ducks.
    Can't see any ducks Jarrah Jack .... They've been blown away!!

Latest forecast ....

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
    Victoria

Severe Weather Warning
    For Damaging Winds
    For People In The Central, West And South Gippsland And East Gippsland Forecast Districts
    Issued at 8:06 am EDT on Thursday 24 October 2013.

Weather Situation
    A cold front has moved through southern Victoria this morning, leaving a cold and unstable southwesterly flow.

Damaging winds associated with showers and isolated thunderstorms could produce peak wind gusts of 90-100 km/h for mainly coastal parts of the Central, West and South Gippsland and East Gippsland forecast districts. Conditions will improve this evening.

Wind gusts recorded at Cape Otway 104km/h at 0436, Wilsons Promontory 135 km/h at 0536, Hogan Island 120 km/h at 0743, Pound Creek 74 km/h at 0328 and Yanakie 74 km/h at 0643.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
    Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
    Keep clear of fallen power lines.
    For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.

. I believe we're in the 'Central' forecast district.
    Jim

Don't forget the boat goes in at 2 oclock,,,,,,,No pussyfooting,,,,wimping, whining or whinging. Never trust forecasts.

Make sure the indefatigable Murf is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Don't forget the boat goes in at 2 oclock,,,,,,,No pussyfooting,,,,wimping, whining or whinging. Never trust forecasts.

Make sure the indefatigable Murf is ready.
    yeah but the forecast was for hail and it hailed a little while ago need to bring hard hat along to go fishing in Vic apparently

cheers Murf

Have you seen Denise's car ? Need more than a hard hat. The hails gone now,,,,trust me...

Re: Tankerton & Stony Point VIC M & G

Are we having fun yet? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382647948.804572.jpg

Cheers Murf

Last fishing trip of the M&G today. We headed out from the Stoney Point ramp at 6:00 am. Jarrah Jack and Murf in Bluebagger and yours truly in Short Black. My deckie Julie was safely asleep!

Conditions looked okay to start ...

But soon deteriorated - but, with some fish coming aboard we persisted.

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/jim...c3508.mp4.html

With conditions getting worse, we pulled the picks and headed back to the ramp:
    http://s251.photobucket.com/user/jim...431a7.mp4.html

By 11.00 we were back at the ramp and headed home to clean the catch of Snapper and Gummy Shark.

Packing up has been done, nothing left but one last get together tonight for a big feed of chips and beer battered gummy shark!

Cheers,

P.S. I have to add that I lost what may well have been the biggest snapper so far .... Bitten of 25 lb leader ....
    Jim

Hear ye hear ye.

The organizing committee has decided that the m&g can go until midnight sunday so I can go out with Sladey and one of us can get the biggest snapper.

I'll put you on the right spot JJ. Corinella is a lay down misere for a monster snapper. Might even put it into the freezer and thaw it out for Ti Tree. But as my wife says, "How can I trust you, you're a male, and a Queenslander !!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Last fishing trip of the M&G today. We headed out from the Stoney Point ramp at 6:00 am. Jarrah Jack and Murf in Bluebagger and yours truly in Short Black. My deckie Julie was safely asleep!

Conditions looked okay to start ...

But soon deteriorated - but, with some fish coming aboard we persisted.

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/jim...c3508.mp4.html

With conditions getting worse, we pulled the picks and headed back to the ramp:
    http://s251.photobucket.com/user/jim...431a7.mp4.html

By 11.00 we were back at the ramp and headed home to clean the catch of Snapper and Gummy Shark.

Packing up has been done, nothing left but one last get together tonight for a big feed of chips and beer battered gummy shark!

Cheers,

P.S. I have to add that I lost what may well have been the biggest snapper so far .... Bitten of 25 lb leader ....

Whose nose got smacked on the way back in. Or was it the camera mans knee's collapasing.