Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooli NSW M&G 16th March 2013

Re: Wooli NSW M&G 16th March 2013

I was doing a search on Wooli......looks like there are some interesting cultural experiences to be had too, is this a typical sight I can expect to see down in NSW?

wooli_goanna_pulling-gallery1104.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    I was doing a search on Wooli......looks like there are some interesting cultural experiences to be had too, is this a typical sight I can expect to see down in NSW?

haha yeah the old Goanna pulling is the biggest event of the year followed by the Snapper comp (check the wall at the Pub)

cheers Murf

Im sure Murph would have picked dates that coincide with the Goanna Pull Championships. I reckon we would have a few that would go alright in the " Pull" . Bull1, and me young bloke ,Cobiaman, are a couple that spring to mind.

this might sound crazy but WHY use the Lagoon instead of the Ramp, then the bar ???
    Is the lagoon better if the seas are up ??

Had a look at the marine zones around there and didn't they get shafted !!

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    this might sound crazy but WHY use the Lagoon instead of the Ramp, then the bar ???
    Is the lagoon better if the seas are up ??

Had a look at the marine zones around there and didn't they get shafted !!

Cheers
    Brett
    yeah try and work out all the round curves for marines parks

the lagoon makes it sooo easy for the under (6m?) boats, no worries about tides for run out bars or pressure waves etc, still my choice of launches for safety in smaller boats and makes the 3 mile grounds so accessible for the 4m class of boats

cheers Murf

that is the mating ritual for those cockies.

Just talked to Ian at the Wooli Pub (02) 6649 7532 about rooms at the pub

they are big rooms and sleep 4 comfortably (up to 6) and for 4/room its $25/person/night and 2/room its $40/person/night

Ian suggested to get in early as the rooms book out quick on weekends

there is plenty of parking around the back for boats to on the grassed area

cheers Murf

Room booked at Tavern 14,15,16th. Giddy up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Try Ern Grant.
    yep got ern in the boat all the time now

Well Ive found 3 mad men willing to risk life & limb to join me on this M&G Bruce [tropicrows] Tim [burleygu] Marty [Captain Seaweed] so have a full crew this should be a fun weekend now we need to sort out some place to crash for a couple of nights.we are thinking of getting some maroon tee shirts made up as well,, just to start off the QLD /NSW rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    Well Ive found 3 mad men willing to risk life & limb to join me on this M&G Bruce [tropicrows] Tim [burleygu] Marty [Captain Seaweed] so have a full crew this should be a fun weekend now we need to sort out some place to crash for a couple of nights.we are thinking of getting some maroon tee shirts made up as well,, just to start off the QLD /NSW rivalry

I usually find that any old rags do in the boat for wiping crap off our hands but if you want to supply some flash one's then thats ok.
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Don't ever recall NZ and Adelaide having teams in the S.O.O........

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    Might come in handy if anyone needs some dunny paper

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Don't ever recall NZ and Adelaide having teams in the S.O.O........
    They do ... Called Queensland!!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Might come in handy if anyone needs some dunny paper

Wouldn't be much good as dunny paper, they would be already full of shit......
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...