Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New fishing qld license?

New fishing qld license?

When are they introducing fishing license in brisbane Queensland?

Cheers Hawko

Re: New fishing qld license?

What makes you think they are???
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Never!!!!!

Shhhh! Don't go giving any ideas!
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

I'd like to see people's reactions if/when they do.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I have heard lots of talk about it already. And be aware that all the money will be going into consolidated revenue. Given the grabs already made by this government, does anybody think they would give any money to the rec fishers?

Chaz

OK, a Rec fishing licence for Qld is NOT on the table / cards / agenda.

End of story.

Hawko and Chaz ........ from whom did you " hear " about this ?

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 01-12-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Geezus...Read the headder and nearly had a hearty...Way to frighten a bloke.

I think we need a Qld fish licence. As long as the funds are used to enforce closed seasons, green zones, and start estuary restocking program's so that there are some fish to try for. At the moment it's a free-for-all fish murdering mindset and that shows in the fishing. Despite our wonderful coastline, our fishing is amongst he worst in the world. Most recreational fishers never catch anything, myself included. Why? Years of raping the waters, overfishing. It's time to fix it and licences could fund it.

Thanks for your opinion aus2045, but could you link me or post up stats where you get the " worst in the world " from.??

I can provide you with detailed studies and information that clearly shows Australia has the most heavily regulated fishery in the world, most protected zones, it has the least amount of tonnage per sq/kilometer taken by pro's in the world and the least amount of fish / tonnage per sq kilometer by rec anglers in the world. This is fact.

What you will most likely notice is the impact of rec fishing adjacent to heavily populated areas and close to the coast line.

You will also find that the fishery is subjected to influences like, Pollution, Run-Off, Mangrove Degradation and more that contribute more the issue with the fishery, than recreational fishing.

Yes, I agree that in.... " the old days " people tended to catch more fish per person, but many factors have brought about change. Population is one. So instead of 100 people catching 20 Snapper each = 2,000 fish, with bag limits etc we have 500 people catching 4 Snapper each = 2,000 fish. These are rough figures and looks at the rec fishing population increasing five fold in the last 20 years, which is a fair assumption.

Fact.

Vistory Fishing Club have been fishing the same area ( Nerang River ) since 1945. Club records clearly show that the numbers and sizes of fish caught per trip / season has not changed to this date. Sure more members are fishing but the total seasonal catch remains on par with " the good old days ". You may ask " why is this so ? ". Good question and the answer is not definable, but the Nerang has never been commercially fished / netted, the catchment does not lend itself to agricultural run-off and the canal system is mostly natural ( following the river course ) and has been established for many years.

Money from an RFL will not, IMO, change things. Education and Government Policy will.

cheers LP

Worst in the world from my own experiences,

Quote Originally Posted by aus2045 View Post
    Worst in the world from my own experiences,
    Go and have a fish with Phill or Webby or Chris or Jack or Terry or Charlie or Smithy or Bear (where is Cindy?) any number of fisherpeople here.
    You might find we have some of the best fisheries in the world if you do.

If you think the mindset of a free for all murder, rape, pillage, plunder take some pictures of those doing it and send them into fisheries. The vast majority of people would not put up with this.
    Again, in my opinion, it is the few who give the majority a bad name.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Only joking but..

could you tell me about your experiences in Estonia, Madagaska, Ukraine, Yenmen, and the west coast of Bangladesh ?

Seriously, we have it pretty damn good here....maybe not as good as you remember.

I can still catch a bream where I did 30 years ago, whiting the same, snapper the same, sweetlip the same, flathead the same. I do have to share that resource and location with many more than I used to.

LP

Maybe that was too much of a bold general statment from me.
    But I just cant imagine a fishery being any worse that what I have fished for the bast 5yrs. Can you catch less than pretty much nothing ?

aus2045 could you clear up where you have fished for the last 5yrs and give some indication of the changes in that area you have witnessed? I'm pretty sure Fisheries go through these posts so giving the information might help them, and other locals in the area, understand your claims further. Maybe there is something going on around the area you fish which has contributed and would be investigated?
    Cheers,
    Chris