Thread: Latest Tech in 24Kg standup??

Latest Tech in 24Kg standup??

All, as the title says, looking for some pointers on what is the latest and greatest in blanks for a standup 24. Having built a few on calstar/seeker/sabre E glass type stuff i can't help but think this is the old school. Where should i be looking for the newest and groovy, maybe the US dual helix stuff?? Any ideas good, or maybe what i'm using is as good as it gets?

Scott

Re: Latest Tech in 24Kg standup??

Scott,

The UC blanks do have some really good 24Kg sticks. My choice would be either UC or CTS in the GameMaster series which are some really tough blanks.

i will swear by my UC 24 kg blank
    you will not break it unless you are senseless.... and i have a couple of better rod builders here that want me to part with it
    and that is not going to happen anytime soon

OHHHH come on Ian i'll get it one day
    Graham

Thanks for the ideas all, i reconned the UC stuff was looking the goods. Never had a cts so i'll have a gander at those as well.

thanks for the feedback,

Scott

Scott,

The UC blanks are pretty good. The dual helix is actually old tec despite what you hear or read. Dual helix has been used for many years with great effect. There isnt anything better at this stage than composites ie glass and carbon. In fact S glass and carbon just doesnt get any better IMO. My own blanks have a mix of a few different materials. Glass on its own is old school and companies that still roll these things need there head read. Companies that roll glass blanks with polyester resin should be run out of town. The brand names you mentioned roll a good quality blank, its just a shame they are next to useless as a high performance fishing rod. You need a fast action rod with plenty of guts from at least halfway.

Stu

Thanks stu, as you say I'm looking for something very fast action that locks up half way down, rather than at the fore grip like those old blanks I mentioned. I'll go see old mate at gold coast tackle who imports them I think and bend a few of the uc's to see what i like. Thanks for the reply

Scott