Thread: Hai!

Hai!

I'm Julian. I've been into fishing for 3 years and into boating for nearly 2 years now. I started fishing to escape the stress from work(Linux Admin). I've now become addicted.

My first boat was a run down 4mtr Clark center console. I spent 6 months restoring the boat and rebuilding a 1979 Evinrude 25HP. Then the addiction hit! I had this boat for nearly 1 year after completion doing many trips to my local haunt Jacobs Well and occasionally to Breaky creek and the Brisbane river. In Jan I sold that boat and purchased a 4.75 Stacer 1980 r unabout with an old 1980 60HP Johnson, I then repowered to a 60HP Mercury Bigfoot. Best investment I have made so far, the boat goes well but it slow to plane and rocks side to side when on the plane.

Recently I have just cleaned all the "rust" I discovered of the boat and touched up all the affected areas. This was a one weekend job. Soon I'll put the coating(durlac?) on all the stainless steel bolts to slow down any new "rust".

I'm not a real good angler yet, coming home with 3 or 4 flathead usually and sometimes a Threafin or Talior. Recently as of two weeks ago I started exploring Moreton Bay. I was on the east side of Mud two weeks ago and had a great time. I wanted to explore four beacons but there was 15knot winds. In the hour past the high I was pulling in Squire every 5 or so minutes catching around 20. Most were in the 25 - 30cm range(which I released). We also got a parrot fish(which we didn't know what it was at first, so released) which was 40cms.

I signed up on this site to get active in the community in hope of learning more. I'm interested in soft plastics, but so far have not caught any fish on them. I've started to take my 4.75 offshore and have recently done bill's bar course. So far only out to the 24s from the seaway but hopefully will be crossing south passage when the weather is good.

Happy fishing!

Blog Entries

Re: Hai!

G'day mate, welcome aboard. Sounds like you are well on the way

Yep welcome mate!!! where are you located?

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Should of probably stated that! I'm located at Bethania and haunt the jacobs well and the pin.

welcome...there is some great info on here , get amongst it

welcome and cheers, iam sure you will get some good info on here and enjoy your boating and fishing

cheers

brett