Thread: too hoo

too hoo

Made some last minute changes of plans due to the reports of wahoo at Hutchies and launched at 4 am. Trip across the bay and across to Hutchies was sloppy and took me about 90 minutes, so I was surprised to be the third boat there. I marked some real nice patches of bait but the fish seemed picky about which lures they wanted. Wouldn't touch high speed skirts or pushers, only wanted minnows today. Had 4 hits all up, for one failed to hook up, one bust off (nick in the line?) and 2 landed. Both smallish fish, but both went for some good fast runs on 8 kg tackle. Lots of fun.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new hoo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	86474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wahoo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	86475  
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Blog Entries

Re: too hoo

Lovin it!!

nice one bud .... i scored 2 from 4 off the pin yesterday two bitten of at swivels .... not big fish biggest just shy of 7kg....... cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

good to see the hoo are back.Well done,
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....