Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: billfish bliss at hervey bay m&g

Re: billfish bliss at hervey bay m&g

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    There'll be a tropical paradise at that spot next time we go there ..... all that Horse manure will get things blooming!
    Your not wrong there Jim, thats a lot of manure.

What a bloody awesome M&G, i know its been said before but thanks to everybody for making this a truly memorable occassion. A top bunch of blokes evey one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinshack View Post
    Like everyone has said, awesome trip, certainly one to remember. Great location, great weather, great bunch of blokes & insane fishing.

Neil, you are the weather god, well done mate, perfect conditions. To get awesome weather for a weekend that was booked mounths out was brilliant!

Attached are a few pics of our catch.

Attachment 86568Attachment 86570Attachment 86565Attachment 86567

Arrived at Urangan harbour 6:00am with all the guys waiting with anticipation, thanks guys. Most of us headed straight for Roonies & accross the spit out through 13 mile crossing, we trolled for a few hours, plenty of hook-ups with only one marlin boated on the Pukala Dojo (Dildo Rubber). We then bottom fished east of 13 mile crossing on Friday where we got a nice 10kg red previously but sharks just blew us away on any decent fish. We pulled up at least 10-15 mouri heads, lost endlesss $ of terminal tackle, we just had to keep moving. We end up with 8 solid mouri's, gold spot wrasse, red throat & hussar. Friday night we moured up to the mother ship (Bull1 - Gina Maree) for a few quiet cordials & rice crackers, some great laughs guys, very entertaining.

Saturday saw us head through the 4 mile crossing, bit sloppy. Trolled to a few marks 6km further to the east, good shows, few bust offs, but no luck. We were stuffed from the previous days fishing, so started to head back via Wathumba for a swim & some fresh maouri for lunch & to recharge the bodily batteries.

Thanks to Neil for ordering the weather and all the Ausfish blokes (new guys I had the pleasure of meeting & to catch up with some old ones) for awesome company & heaps of laughs & great memories, cheers, Dave.

I think I will be their again very soon before next years Roonies M&G.

SF565 Southwind, 385km's travelled, 220 litres used, 14hr's put on the F115 yammy marlin teaser!!!
    go the the little boats love your boat and its set up, might not have got to talk much when rafted up but trust me I was looking over a couple of boats and dreaming

great times and great place

so is it a annual M&G????

I got to visit a few places I have dreamed of for years and did it in style (thanks Boat Hog) if only the sharks would go and visit the greenies for a few days haha. was gunna get up that way this year on our Fraser trip but weather said diff but Horse ordered the right weather this time I think Boat Hog was a little perplexed when I said this is the best I have ever seen Fraser as we plugged through the short sharp slop that is the norm off there

thanks again for all the help and organisation from everyone involved as it turned out a great weekend, was great to so many smiles and grinning people doing what makes them happy

cheers Murf

PS whats next years dates???

[QUOTE=murf;1437950]so is it a annual M&G????/QUOTE]

Murf, i think it might be multi annual for a few of us in the next few months.
    Last edited by Tinshack; 26-11-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: fat fingers on tablet

And here i was thinking you were looking over me and dreaming .

[QUOTE=Tinshack;1437960]
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    so is it a annual M&G????/QUOTE]

Murf, i think it might be multi annual for a few of us in the next few months.
    So who's going next weekend.
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Here are some specs on the trip if anyone is interested. 60 litres of vehicle fuel one way and 60litres back. Boat 400 ks with 240litres used and 18.5 engine hours clocked up for the trip.
    Cheers MM

awesome reports and pics ..thanks all.

some of us can only dream of fishing those places..cos some of us keep the country going..by working. (jealousy made me say that)

Well Guys that was a great M&G,, Neil thank you for putting this together the weather gods smiled on us & the billies played there part. The action at one stage was insane with multiple hookups on alot of boats. The radio chatter was lets say intense at this stage. Bruce and i had a slow start to our tolling effort, but once we worked a few things out then it all came together. The bottom structure up that way is amazing. Lots of bommies and ledges. We were lucky that the current wasnt really roaring as on Friday we were dropping down with 10ball sinkers in 60m of water no problems. But the fishing was slow as one drit we would pull 3 fish, next drift zip so the order of the day was to move around looking for new areas. The Maori cod were thick as we easily got our bag limit. All up we used 358lt of fuel. so was very happy with that. Could not put the KLM up we travelled due to me not resetting the trip meter Thanks to Kev for giving us the information we needed to make this a successful trip and to all you other ferrets that showed up. I do believe that this was a great m&g due to the fact that muddy toes wasnt there Bill

nice one Bill....you do realize this will be war when he sees this!
    Living the dream, Barry

Ill just say it was the best weekend fishing trip of my life! Bloody hard to go to work today though...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    nice one Bill....you do realize this will be war when he sees this!
    Lets just pray for good weather in 3 weeks time...

Hi to all of the lucky ones involved in what was obviously a fantastic and truly memorable trip, fantastic fish caught, fantastic weather , and fantastic friendships for all, and i would just like to personally thank netmaker for the phonecall to tell me all about it, in case i hadn,t seen this thread, and dave , there is no such thing as too much humility, now if you will all excuse me, i think i might go off and have a little cry, sob, roy.

Quote Originally Posted by madmackrel View Post
    Here are some specs on the trip if anyone is interested. 60 litres of vehicle fuel one way and 60litres back. Boat 400 ks with 240litres used and 18.5 engine hours clocked up for the trip.
    Cheers MM
    MadMac
    that's awesome!! I want some of that !!! what was boat / motor combo pls? Approx gross weight?
    Mal

I hate you all.........except for Marty and Tim.Wait for our report losers!!!!!!