Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some fish off point lookout friday

Some fish off point lookout friday

As i am still waiting for the new boat to arrive i had an outing with John Gooding on Outlaw charters. Left the ramp at 4.45 and hit the bait grounds around the rocks, got the bait and went out east of the point, the dollies and wahoo were thick around the boat.Dropped the livies out an then the fun began we andded up with 3 good size dllies and 4 wahoo, theyslowed down a little so we went and floated for some snaps, 9 in all, great day out and John works really hard foe clients highly recommended.

cheers

Brett
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	86436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	86437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	86438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	86439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	86440  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	86441  

Re: Some fish off point lookout friday

What a top catch! You have got to be happy with that bag. You wouldn't get much better chewing than what you have there Brett. How much longer till the boat arrives?
    Tony

Ive went on outlaw charters to try and learn a bit more about offshore fishing and it was awesome. Bagged out on snapper in 3 hours. We brought home 24 snapper, 2 pearlies and a big kingie... Highly reccommended!

hey Tony,

i am hoping the boat will arrive at coastal next week, i delievered the seat boxes i got of boat box yesterday. they had dramas at the factory with staff. but i guess you cant rush a good thing.

cheers

brett

Awesome. A nice mixed bag of fish there.

Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Great fish, sounds like you guys had a ball. This is a bit of a side issue and I don't mean to offend you. I love eating my fish, just like most people.

What i have learnt over the years is that you don't want to put any fish on hot concrete as this is the fastest way of ruining the flesh of the fish and dramatically shortens its shelf life. You are basically cooking the flesh.

I always keep them in a ice slurry right up until I fillet them. I take out the blood line and any red or brown meat. I never wash my filets in tap water and use some paper towel to wipe them clean, then straight into a cryovac bag and straight into the freezer.

I have kept filets in the freezer for over 10 months like this and it taste just as good when I open the packs and cook them.

Once again I don't mean to offend you or tell you what to do, but with the cost associated with catching fish and the limited time we have to pursue our love for fishing.

I have found that this has worked extremely well over the years and I have never had any one say that this fish doesn't taste nice.

Great fish. If you don't mind me asking, how much does john charge as I have been thinking of going out with him as I have heard good reports about his charter business.

Fishfreak.

$1150 for the day with up to 5people so it works out to be $230 each. Well worth it, you'll learn so much and catch some good fish...

Man thats good news,looks like we may be in for a good game fish season.Well done.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    Man thats good news,looks like we may be in for a good game fish season.Well done.
    if they stay as thick as what they were it should be good

cheers

brett

Yep absolutely
    Wise words and good advice
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfreak01 View Post
    Great fish, sounds like you guys had a ball. This is a bit of a side issue and I don't mean to offend you. I love eating my fish, just like most people.

What i have learnt over the years is that you don't want to put any fish on hot concrete as this is the fastest way of ruining the flesh of the fish and dramatically shortens its shelf life. You are basically cooking the flesh.

I always keep them in a ice slurry right up until I fillet them. I take out the blood line and any red or brown meat. I never wash my filets in tap water and use some paper towel to wipe them clean, then straight into a cryovac bag and straight into the freezer.

I have kept filets in the freezer for over 10 months like this and it taste just as good when I open the packs and cook them.

Once again I don't mean to offend you or tell you what to do, but with the cost associated with catching fish and the limited time we have to pursue our love for fishing.

I have found that this has worked extremely well over the years and I have never had any one say that this fish doesn't taste nice.

Great fish. If you don't mind me asking, how much does john charge as I have been thinking of going out with him as I have heard good reports about his charter business.

Fishfreak.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

a couple more photos on tha day that John sent me.

cheers

brett
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231729.jpg 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	86613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231711.jpg 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	86614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231721.jpg 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	86615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231726.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	86616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231730.jpg 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	86617  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231708.jpg 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	86618  

Awsome Work Brett Very nice Fish there Paul just showed me the photo's about 5 mins ago must go for a trip with John Paul speaks highly of him.

hey fisho8,

it is very much worth it i have done a few trips with and have always done well. we need to tee a trip with Paul i think

cheers

brett

Yeah for sure Brett don't worry I have been hitting him up he is eager to get back out there just got to wait for some good weekend weather.

i am all for it just stay in touch and we will work something out

cheers

brett