Thread: Stainless Mooloolaba Pick

Stainless Mooloolaba Pick

Hi All,

Just thought I would share my first production stainless mooloolaba pick...

The advantage for stainless is no rust over steel, strength and much needed weight over ally ones (found that lead ate my last ally one quicker than I thought ).

PS - Bar is solid stainless, not pipe..

mooloolaba316pick.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Re: Stainless Mooloolaba Pick

Whats the cost if you don't mind
    Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Hey Chimo,

Not sure yet mate, I'm still costing it out.... Just trying to gauge interest as the more we make the lower the price should go..

I'm "hoping" to land within the $150-$200 mark?? (size dependant)

Not even sure how that sits in the market but the materials and guys (aviation grade/skilled) to weld the stainless add to the price..

Cheers

Chris

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I once had a great ss anchor but lost it at the mouth of the Maroochy river several years ago. Got snagged on a rock and could not get it free, had to cut it. Won't spend that much on an anchor again.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Unhappy Re: Stainless Mooloolaba Pick

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    I once had a great ss anchor but lost it at the mouth of the Maroochy river several years ago. Got snagged on a rock and could not get it free, had to cut it. Won't spend that much on an anchor again.
    Yes that hurts Grunta.. Hate to think all the stuff I have lost to the ocean over the years.. Never been keen to dive down after it either..

Least with the design of these picks you have a better chance than most..

In saying that mate of mine ended up losing a pick and pride when his rope got cut by bombe at fitzroy reef and ended up on top of another one..

Got a say those TABS boats are built tuff, not a scratch on it !

nice job!!! never thought of that. I would have everything pre-cut if I was looking to produce them and just get jo blow with mig and arcoshield and stainless wire to mig them together(anybody can do it easy as) maybe even make a jig that you put all the pieces in and weld up. it will lower the costs in the lost term.

Cheers CATchin Em, that's the plan.. Got one of Gumtree will see if people are interested..