Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Had to Go Fishing

Just Had to Go Fishing

Weather looked the goods for thursday for a fish , really didn t want to go but the weather was good so haddddddddddd to .
    Boony sooked out cause mummy had him doing moving duty's so dad and myself a another mate headed off around 5 am after grabbing some fuel and bait we offed. ESE was a tad sloppy so up north along the coast to a island know for Spano's we headed some 50 km up . We came across hundreds of patches of bonito jumping about but wouldn't take a slug or lure arriving at our destination we trolled and trolled for one hit but no hook up and the weather kept dropping out to glass out cept for swell.
    No Spano's much area was good

Out to a red spot we took some livies on the spot and produced a huge cod to the esky and a few hussar but no reds but still the water glassed further so out wider we did.
    Dropped and picked up a small red 60 cm and followed by a few reefies and then off a live iodine bream i pulled in a pearly WTF up here he was a great catch and another fish crossed off my list .

After a few more fish going in managed a horse spangled with mixture of lippers spangleds hussar spotties and Spano's

Ground we picked up on was very prickly and held no sharks for a change was a great day and trip for a good feed

Have some video from the glass's once i edit it up
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: Just Had to Go Fishing

how calm is it!!

Just got back from a snapper trip myself JT. Was forced to go. Looks like you suffer from the same, um um problem! Just booked Lyndall for next year so lets hope there are more of those difficult situations then.

Nice fish mate, thanks for the report. I don't think I've caught any of those fish and I would love a spaniard.

damn you beat me too that pearly if ya flip he over he got my name on him. have heard from a few blokes with bigger cats than mine that they can be caught out the back of innaminka and that area where it drops off to 100m along that shelf Bit further than I have ever taken the ol cat but she is headed there next time the run and wind allows me.

I was more then suprized to get him but no more so will be interesting to hear the pearly pro's tell me if there should be more
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

JT,
    They are fairly common on a few specific spots...about 100km closer than catchinem suggested, although they are common on the shelf.
    I think they were a lot more common 20 years ago. They like the wire weed, much of which is now green. I assume you were more east of perf than your normal ground?

Yes Buddy as u would call near the TIT u'll know it. Extremly prickly patch . There is a patch of wire weed near the 18's too if i recall but was a suprized either way . Thanks Graham how retirement mate?
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Very top of dogleg? We used to get them from there north into whats now green. Also a few patches around the top side of the horseshoe???.

No bloody retirement from work, bought a little Haines 485 sf and having fun, first trip big Gt plus cobia trout red Jew etc around Keppel, then a few Barra from the river then 15 muddies last Saturday morning with my dad...yes I was surprised too...back to GT's tomorrow I hope. I think I have used 30 litres total...bit different to the big cat... Looks like you're going well. I am not missing a box full of reds.......so Far......looking for some new challenges. I keep an eye on reports but so far the urge to go and kill some big reds again is not too strong.

Nice work butt wipe

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

VHF CHANNEL 21

Nice trip there JT. It wasn't glassed like that down here though.

Nice work Micheal Jackson.

You coming down the coast after xmas?

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

Well done JT crossing another fish off your list. I gotta get me a pair of those lairy sunnies.

Cheers Brett

Timbo coming there on 22nd i think asutralia zoo then DFO i want to go MO Tackle but getting it around wife is hard plus Murf hasn t got me my 40 kg of slimies yet

Bull was good mate wish to get a big Jobbie like u guys did for sure
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Alright bud make sure you get in touch with me, I will get you out in my rig and try for a blue marlin on the shelf.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!