Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open letter to Qld Ministers for Fisheries and Environment

Re: Open letter to Qld Ministers for Fisheries and Environment

Hearing that this is getting some attention in interesting places......

Wonder what the next couple of weeks will reveal?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Hearing that this is getting some attention in interesting places......

Wonder what the next couple of weeks will reveal?
    Care to let us in on the secret???

Nope! We will all just have to keep asking questions of local LNP members and keep the pressure on......
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

It's a bit of a slap in the face for those who stood at boat ramps, etc., for weeks, prior to the last election, pushing the LNP vote to get anglers a fair go.
    Time for the LNP to keep their election promise on this issue and to get on getting some unbias scientific data to protect our waters for future generations.
    Keep up the pressure ML.
    Cheers

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Some traction being gained. Need to keep showing your support team keep the comments and " likes" coming!

Ben published your letter.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Phill.

Everyone - get yourselves a copy of Bush n Beach Fishing magazine, comes out later this week. Why not send a letter to the editor anout this so he can publish it next edition?

Cheers

ML

Phill..who is Ben ???

Ben Collins is the Editor of Bush n' Beach fishing magazine Greg.
    His email is bnbmedia@bigpond.net.au
    ~~~><))))*>

thanks Mike.

Dear ML
    Now that the first LNP govt budget has been brought down - a tough one that was a big focus for the minister's time - and two of the three big fishing and boating commitments of the net licence buyback and marine infrastructure fund have started, I believe the govt in the new year will start on the third key fishing commitment - fairer access for rec fishers in state waters. My speech in the Qld parliament - which represent my views as member for Cleveland - are supported by all of the coastal MPs and others who have spoken to me on fishing during the last 3 1/2 years, and the fisheries minister has attacked the federal govt.'s latest marine reserve plan. All good signs. So I look forward to what the new year brings - and like fishing itself - to catch the big one sometimes requires patience and just when you think its gone quiet, the big one bites. Tight lines to you and all Ausfishers over the Christmas break. Regards, Mark. PS: to Mike, finga, steeler and my other Ausfish fan club members - no the ministers nor Premier did not ask me to reply - I just have a little more time than them and fishing is a passion for me

Any comment about all the things concerning fishing and the bettering of our marine environment that The Minister found time to cut funding to?
    The list is fairly extensive.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Hi all

First, thanks to Mark Robinson for his reply. Its good to see that he is still inside the Govt tent, working as best he can for fishing interests. I would rather have him as an allay in there, than sitting in Opposition or on the crossbenches!

I am sure that i speak for all Ausfishers when i say that we are indeed looking forward to some positive announcements from the new LNP Qld Govt early in 2013 regarding improving access for recreational fshers in this State.

No, hang on, lets not beat about the bush here, what we really mean, is that green zones across Qld waters will be repoened to recreational fishing unless there is a pretty compelling reason, established with sound science, why they should be kept closed - such as being critical nursery habitats. One line per angler in green zones, until proper review of science is done. Thats what we are looking for.

I am pretty sure that we can get the rec fishing and tackle industry reps from the Moreton Bay Marine Park rezoning process back together pretty quickly if required to give the Govt input on that matter.

Plus a general request guys - there is a generally understood protocol or courtesy on Ausfish and similar forums that you shouldnt hijack someone elses thread with posts that go off onto another tangent. Respect your rights to comment on issues political, but ask that if you want to pursue a debate on them when they are outside the direct scope of this one that i started, which is specifically about implemnting the one line in GZ policy, kindly start a fresh thread. Thanks!

Best wishes to all for the festive season. Merry Christmas one and all!

Cheers

ML