Thread: Fishing in Bermagui

Fishing in Bermagui

I am going for Holidays to Bermagui at the end of March next year. I want to catch Bream and Flathead in the river and close to where the boats dock.

I need a new rod, reel etc and was wanting recommendations on the type of combo i should using, ie spinning combo, baitcaster, overhead combo.

Also, in addition to using fresh bait, i was wanting to use lures. What would you recommend using?

Thanks

Re: Fishing in Bermagui

Nice part of the world ...... lot's of fishing options but better with a boat though there are some great wading /bank areas both in the river at bermi , north at Walaga lake & Wagonga Inlet at Narooma .
    A 7 ft spin rod 2-3 kgs & a 2500 size reel with 3kg braid would cover the main target species in the local estuary (s) .
    Soft plastics are well worth using as the 2 main species (flathead & bream) will take them ........ Squidgy wrigglers (65 & 80mm in bloodworm) , 75mm pro lobby in Wasabi & squidgy bugs in pink - with the appropriate jig heads . Gulp shrimps & Z man shrimps will also do the trick .
    A bait pump to get bass / pink nippers wil also see you onto the local sand whiting , bream & flathead ......... the same outfit will work a treat .
    This should get you off to a good start

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

yep, as mentioned, there is a million options in that area, I have not fished at bermi itself much, but spent heaps of time at Wagonga Inlet (Narooma) has some great fishing land based, all the Flathead and Whiting you want and easy to ge to locations. biggest tip, fish light and be mobile, by that i mean, a small plastic tackle box in your pocket, maybe a pair of waders if you are a scardy cat, and just wander around the flats with either some plastics, or a small container of Nippers or Worms.

Give Scotty at call at Bermi bait and tackle their website is fishbermi.com

I am going to Batemans Bay and Bermagui for a family Holidays around mid April 2014. Can someone recommend a nice easy land based fishing spot where I can take my kids along? Nothing serious... I am happy to spend the day helping my kids to catch a fish or two. It will be a bonus to catch something that is legal sized. Also, any information on where to get good fresh bait is greatly appreciated.