Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishing reels that you have killed

Re: Fishing reels that you have killed

I hav e managed to screw two okuma over heads, both internals rusted out and both had the drags smoked, both under 12 months old, now have penn 6/0 penn 4/0 and a tld 15, no matter how hard I try, the penns and the little tld 15 keep coming back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Micadogs View Post
    Nagg, to solve your daiwa roller line bearings problems, try using what they do in their cheaper models, the plastic insert. There is not a lot of difference in the 'feel' comparing the plastic insert and a roller bearing. It will never rust, never seize etc.

So why dont they just do this???? A seven bearing reel must be heaps better than a six bearing reel

Cheers Adam
    I've thought of this Adam ..... And if there are no better bearings available - I'm willing to bite the bullet ! - I used as a back up a Caldia ....... not quite the same but ..
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

The other option for treating Certate (and other Daiwa) line roller bearings is to pack them with grease. A number of bearing greasers can be had for low cost (Alan Tani sells one and the Precision RC greaser is also good). I get 4-5 years out of my Daiwa line roller bearings. The key is to keep the water out.

I use Quantam Hot Sauce. It`s a little thicker than most reel oils and hangs on like liquid grease. I also use it on spool bearings for my overheads that don`t need to be cast

I thought i would not have anything to add to this thread then someone prompted me with the gold word....Okuma! My wife and I killed two spin reels in a week up at Weipa. Not cheap one's either and my brother=in-law the same with his. Never again.