Thread: new shop near me

new shop near me

Just had another tackle store open near me, has more stuff than BCF, not too sure if it is some sort of "chain" there is another one about 15K's away, called "Ocean Storm Tackle" hope they survive, there is 3 other shops (was 4) and a BCF all within about 10mins drive and a Tackle World about 20 mins drive, so, I guess time will tell, I stopped in yesterday and had a snoop around, looking for a 2 piece quality rod to take away to places like the 1770 M&G seeing as Jetstar gave me such grief last time, there was a T curve that took my fancy.

Re: new shop near me

If you managed to get an over length rod on Jetstar you did bloody well Noel. I've seen tears and even saw one guy break his surfboard in half to get it on.

nope, didn't get an over size rod on, I had to borrow a rod from my mates place when I got to the Sunny Coast, Jetstar will not let 1mm over 1.5 anywhere near the plane! Jetstar give me the sh!ts now, even their pricing was dodgey to say the least.

Noel, courier your rods up to me and I promise I'll get them to the Agnes/1770 M & G for you...

If you could send them in time for the Hervey Bay M & G that would be great!
    Jim

You sure its 1.5 Noel? Last time I flew, in May, it was 2.1. At 1.5 my loomis x2 would be in trouble.

Just checked its 1.9 for all domestic flights. I prefer Virgin now, the attendents are much nicer on the eye.

Ocean Storm Tackle have been on EBAY for about a decade that i know of and just seem to be expanding thier stocks all the time.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    You sure its 1.5 Noel? Last time I flew, in May, it was 2.1. At 1.5 my loomis x2 would be in trouble.

Just checked its 1.9 for all domestic flights. I prefer Virgin now, the attendents are much nicer on the eye.
    OH yeah, I am sure it is 1.5m, some flights on bigger planes will allow more than 1.5, but most domestic Jetstar planes are the Airbus 310/20, and they will only take the 1.5m and not a milligram over the luggage weight (that you have to pay for) trust me, I am pretty sure on this one! The last M&G had some rather interesting times at Sydney airport with our luggage I can tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Noel, courier your rods up to me and I promise I'll get them to the Agnes/1770 M & G for you...

If you could send them in time for the Hervey Bay M & G that would be great!
    That what I plan to do next time if I don't buy a two piece T curve. or better still, fly Qantas to Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Ocean Storm Tackle have been on EBAY for about a decade that i know of and just seem to be expanding thier stocks all the time.
    Oh, there you go, it sure is a big store, and has lots of stuff, plenty of "opening" specials, they has Penn "slammers" for $79 with free braid, sounded Ok to me, never owned one or have any idea if they are any good though, best buy was big bags of ball sinkers for $6 a bag, and depending on the size there was miles of them in a bag.

I flew to Lord Howe earlier this year. Jetstar to Brisbane then Quantas Link and the measured the rod case like they were about to perform brain surgery with it. 2.1 was the magic figure, they seemed disappointed when it measured exactly 2.1.

TMC