Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking The Bull For A Run

Taking The Bull For A Run

Well with sometime off before my cruise i talked Bull into a fishing trip this way since he couldn t get out with Boony and i last week . Weather was 5/10 but with a few storms during the night sloppying up the water a little we hit the water around 3 45 am and off we went with myself Bull Dad and Dads Brother we hit a small patch i found with Murf and Les Last trip they were up and the usaul suspects sharks about and off to another ground we went.
    Few drifts over and the spangleds come to the boat 2 to the esky and Bull scoreds a nice cod .

Near the coming up to top of the tide we moved to my red jew grounds for another cod and a 57 cm red . Slow on the drift so to anchor we went very slow with hussars and few dropped fish including a fish i had on to be engulfed by a huge hammer and after a battle i got to the leader when i stood back to make it easier for my dad to cut the leader the rod flicked back against the targa and snapped it off. My Venom wilson rod screweeeeeeeedddNot happy .
    Change of rod and back into it .
    Move and anchored to dad scoring a Rosy Job and then i eskied this beautiful red

. But no more on that spot.
    One move move and a couple move drifts another red hit the esky and god knows how many sharks and then home for us .
    Great trip Bull and sorry Phil u didn t get to check the net sooner ( Phil dropped in to sort out a trip but i'll get divorced in i go another day before i head to Brissy for our cruise on Friday
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: Taking The Bull For A Run

Love your work!... nice reds and some decent hussar there too.
    Tangles KFC

Awsome fish there fellas well done Love the look of those Red's great stuff conditions look awsome aswell.

solid red there JT well done!

Nice trip out guys!

Gee, you're rough on the gear JT - isn't that 2 from 2 trips now?

Hmmm .... might be worth opening a tackle store @ yeppoon?!

Cheers,
    Jim

Running with the bulls JT ? - a good outing but no Phill-iting

5-10 knots and fish - that's not fair really.

Well done - thanks for posting
    Cheers

Trev

Some nice fish there.

Well done guys.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Congrats JT that's a cracker Red. I reckon about 13.8kg ?

Not the Venom mate I bet you were happy with that..not

Wish I was fishing as much as you at the moment.

Cheers
    Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Yes wasn't impressed Greg but gives me a chance to go buy 2 now i want a spin one as well for the rod we broke on the friday will take back to the shop and see if they can swindle the rep for me but i doubt it.
    Mate i won't get to fish for about 2 weeks so i'll be depressed cruise for a week then back work a week i need to overdose. i near went today was going to be the better day but was banned from going
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Reefmaster View Post
    Congrats JT that's a cracker Red. I reckon about 13.8kg ?

Not the Venom mate I bet you were happy with that..not

Wish I was fishing as much as you at the moment.

Cheers
    Greg
    Boony said something about a schoolie sized fish he needs stabbing in the eye i think
    Boony gets stabbed in the shower at work a little to much
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Good work boys , better luck next time bull

Thanks Jt & Bill for taking me out for the day and doing your best to put me onto a Red. The closest I ended up getting though was to put JTs 13kg model in the ice box for him.
    It was a pretty long day I left Gladdy at 1am and got back home just after 10pm
    I ended up catching a decent cod and having a couple battles with sharks which had me sucking in the big ones. I think JT hooked 5 sharks for the day.
    I sure am keen to get back out there and have another crack at catching 1 of those elusive red buggers.
    I tried to get some pics off my phone of JT putting his Venom through its paces but I'm having some technical difficulty with my bloody phone.

Cheers Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post
    I tried to get some pics off my phone of JT putting his Venom through its paces but I'm having some technical difficulty with my bloody phone.

Cheers Brett

Not as much technical difficulty as JT's having with his rods at the moment!!
    Jim

Putting this up for the not so technically advanced...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351767394.028647.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	85659
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351767438.367611.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	85660

Strong like .......smart like