Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ecooda Spin Reels

Re: Ecooda Spin Reels

Parts? It's not a car.

I'm not 100% sure as I don't have the box with me ATM, but I think it has a 5yr warranty on it,

There's only one type of warranty with these budget items - REPLACEMENT WARRANTY.
    That's exactly what I was offered when my locally purchased Ecooda failed on the first fish. I decided to chip in a few more notes for a shimano replacement.
    I'm not bagging Ecooda -Just make sure you buy from a good local tackle shop.

When I bought the Ecooda, the braid cost more than the reel.......

Hi Dantren, I think u might be paying to much for your braid???

I know I'm promoting the $139 Ecooda chronic 3000 a lot but this is only because in my experience with the reel, it has the quality and has preformed just as good as my $300 shimano stratic CI4 3000, it all comes down to the $ u have in your budget...

As for warrant if u read the small print for you shimano and its 10yr warranty, it's not worth the paper it's written on if u not not 110% matriculusly clean and wash your reel after every use...

I won't knock shimanos over all quantity as 90% of my gear is shimano, but it can be more expensive, especially for someone who can't convince the Missis to let them spend an extra money on yet another fishing reel, haha

Cheers
    Brenden

Mate if you get 5 years then great as most reel suppliers do not normally keep parts for reels 5years old unless they are a popular model

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    Mate if you get 5 years then great as most reel suppliers do not normally keep parts for reels 5years old unless they are a popular model

Ken
    For a Abu 5000 that's 7 years old and works perfectly.

In all honesty I have only ever had one reel break on me and that was a shit javis walker rod reel combo worth about $50 I used to catch sharks for 3 years, burnt the reel out fighting a 10ft bronzey, it seized the drag and after that it was useless, so throw it away...