Thread: Early for muddies?????

Early for muddies?????

Had 4 pots soak for a good 24hr period, mullet bait, known spot for producing in the past, 10 muddies caught in total, most were bucks but none of legal size so a big fat donut..... is it too early for muddies or am I just unlucky???

Re: Early for muddies?????

unlucky me thinks...

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

No Bud should be some around you did"nt see my last thread, 27 male muddies 3 keepers.
    Im a land based crabber,with a few spots up my way. No Rain go find a few drains all little
    creeks somewhere on these tides. Very salty at the moment up in these places. I"ll be putting
    mine in somewhere in the next couple of nights let you know how i go. Fingers crossed i just love Fresh Mud Crab.

Depends what part of the world you live in merseybluenose.
    We went out with 10 dillies a couple of days back in the Ballina area and fished the main river and a few of my fave spots up creeks up til a couple of hours after dark and got zip.
    End of next month for this area the way the weather is. Been like winter here for the last few days.
    cheers.

Ive been crabbing pretty hard last 4 weeks and caught heaps but no keepers , i pulled up the pot this morning and there was this massive muddy but u guessed it JENNY. Im at noosa and i reckon the next good rain it will be on hopefully , its hit the 30,s....im no expert tho but the more i crab the more i learn..

plenty around here in brissy mate,we get the all yr round here if you know where to crab for them

mate's brother and his mate got 16 keepers up a little creek couple nights ago not far from where i fish. Cant wait for some good o/n weather to give it a crack

LOL roscoe yes they are there , the learning procces ....ive conquered most of fishing and always looking for that new path.....ill get there and i get off on learning..hate stuff handed to me on a platter , frustration , learning and then winning...thats is what keeps me going...like salmon fishing in ST HELENS bay..yes good to geta feed but i find tight lines over and over again gets boring ......plastics and lures yes great fun but once u work it out well yey u lighten your line to get the rush.....crabs are new to me and that is why its so interesting.....thats is the same reason i hunt deer with a bow arrow as with the rifle it got untesting....push and strive.....im at a stage where i like just to kick back and watch other people catch fish ....ive done it...but mudcrabs are testing me right now....lol

Roscoe , u r my new best friend ...lol...