Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which surf rod?

Re: Which surf rod?

I totally agree Dan in your reply.
    As i see it the Sensor surf does a great job up to a point.If one came up for sale used at the right price i'd buy it.
    I would need to think how far am i pushing the limits of the rod for it not to be another broken one.As all rods have a breaking point.

its true that a 'proper' cast from a experienced surf caster will break your average rod.but not everybody is casting 150+ meters.in the video footage it would be pointless to cast too far because of the reef.neway most of the crap rods around are capable of handling a big fish just not a big cast.pete ps.spears try get yer hands on a century imo are one of the best built rods designed for casting big distance/weight and plenty of models to suit yer style of fishing.hard pressed to breake one

Heath im at Mudge , own about half a dozen or so surf rod's your welcome to borrow a couple if you want

Im not worried about them , all my gear are work horse's

Sing out if you need

Mick

G'Day Mick,
    Thanks for the offer mate.

If I don't end up getting one, I'll give you a yell.

cheers
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

If your wanting a good quality rod at a afforable price how about buying a second hand rod and get it fixed up cost a fraction of the price. Picked up a Gary howard Bulldog the other week the bindings were had it and the grips chewed by roaches and rats but the blank was in excellent conditiion cost me $55.00 for the rod and another $110.00 for new guides fully under bound and overbound for strength and new grips. Most of my Quality rods are Snyder glas or old butterworth rods few gary howard rods that have been fully rebuilt. really your just looking for a good quailty second hand blank and go from there.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Snyderglasman View Post
    If your wanting a good quality rod at a afforable price how about buying a second hand rod and get it fixed up cost a fraction of the price. Picked up a Gary howard Bulldog the other week the bindings were had it and the grips chewed by roaches and rats but the blank was in excellent conditiion cost me $55.00 for the rod and another $110.00 for new guides fully under bound and overbound for strength and new grips. Most of my Quality rods are Snyder glas or old butterworth rods few gary howard rods that have been fully rebuilt. really your just looking for a good quailty second hand blank and go from there.

Matt
    Ever scanned Ebay for second hand surf rods?

Slim pickings there.

Where would you suggest?

Dan