Thread: 1st time sp bar crossing results in great day offshore

1st time sp bar crossing results in great day offshore

Completed the bar crossing course with Bill Corten last week and was keen to give it a go in my own boat - so Sunday was locked in. Weather was as good as it gets out there so all went well. SPB was actually big pussycat on the day

However, it turns out a 90 litre tank only gets you so far and as a result our day was spent at the 29's. Despite the limited options (only being able to drift over 1 reef system) we landed the boats first ever Pearlie, Emperor and got a new pb Snapper at 72cm. All this was done in about 60 meters on flesh baits.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	85161  

Re: 1st time sp bar crossing results in great day offshore

Nice work!

Did you go thru the northern channel or over towards Amity?

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

well done mate,congrats on th new pb's
    cheers rosco

Top job mate! Beats my PB, but then, most peoples do!!
    Tony

Theres no stopping you now mate, good work.
    Cheers MM

Good on ya bud

we went the north channel on the day but i reckon you could have slipped any of the 3 given how calm it was at high tide in the AM.

gotta be happy with that! congrats.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Well dont mate! Nothing like the SPB some mornings makes your heart race like a strong cup of coffee and then opens up to such a beautiful area to fish. Congrats on the PB fish, I am sure I will see you out there one day.

Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Good stuff buddy Sunday was a cracker of a day offshore. Good to see your getting out on the fish. Was it bait only on the day?

it was for most of the day until we came across a school of dollies at the weather beacon, we threw all sorts of lures and bait at them but they would only follow, not take.
    eventually i got one to take a popper which was great but as luck would have it he took my little 10lb outfit and ran right for the buoy chain - POP, Gone, Damn.

Well done - looks like you got a little doggie fish as well

When the dollies are fussy you could try throwing a few handfuls of pillies at them then a handful with a hooked one in amongst it - sometimes mash them up a bit to get the juices flowing - pretty hard to resist.
    Cheers

Trev